Best workout sneaker?

• Anyone have a workout sneaker they are in love with? I am on a hunt. I need something light and with good arch support (high arches/wide feet). I do a lot of jumping with turbo fire and with my New Balances, my feet kill me after 5 minutes of high intensity.
  • I have New balances also, but I bought orthotic inserts, and now the support is great. I have high arches as well, and it's worth it to get good, firm, support. Mine are called Superfeet, and they come in different thicknesses. You can order them online, or from some shoe stores.
  • I have asics. I got an older model after this years models came out, so I got them for like $40. Very comfortable, good arch support.
  • For the heavier set, which is what I was (am?), I could not beat the Mizuno Men's Wave Prophecy 2 Running Shoe. It saved my knees. I think they do a women's version.

Not light. But lots of support.
  • Love my Puma Vectanas, but I have no idea if they'd be comfy for you. I need extra arch support too (flat feet) and can't recommend enough switching the inserts for one with good arch support, like Valkyrie1 suggested. I do it with all of my shoes and it makes such a world of difference no matter what I'm wearing.
  • Do you have a local running store? Even if you're not a runner (I'm not), go there. These people live and breathe shoes. The BEST shoe for me might be the WORST knee-killer or ankle-breaker for you.
  • New Balances absolutely do not work for me. I use Nikes. Since I have wide feet, I have to special order mine which means a 6 to 8 week turn around but the plus side is I get to pick the colors and what not. (I have stopped seeing wide nikes as a standard option, but you can order from nike.com)

Right now, I'm using Nike Lunarglides. I highly recommend.
  • I, like Ian, have Mizuno. But I have the WaveRider 16. But, don't take recommendations from anyone. Hit a running shoe store (Fleet Feet is a good chain) and get your gait and foot measured properly. It will prevent you tons of injuries. Not just from running, but for walking and training. After you know your proper instep, gait, arch, pronate, and so on, you can make a properly educated decision on shoes after that. Trust me, it is worth the extra effort and the extra $$
  • I never thought of a running store bc well, I am not a runner! That's a great idea though. Now to find one. Hmn. Thanks for the ideas guys