Restart/reboot starting Jan 1,2014....

You're on Page 14 of 35
Go to
  • oh yeah, and ketostix confirmation on Saturday so maybe things will smooth out and get a bit easier? Here's hoping!!
  • Quote: 65X65 - Your messages make me smile and think and at this hour of the morning, that is a success.

My comment to this is that just as we are all different ages, heights, weights, personalities, genetic background, whatever, we all have unique emotional makeup.

For me, I weight every day, but take the results with a grain of salt knowing that many things affect the number, which is, after all, just a number. It keeps me on track and accountable but in no way does it throw me into a tizzy.

At the same time, I do make note of the fit of my clothes, my energy, and many other ways to validate my weight loss. This is a huge battle for me and I will use every weapon I can to succeed and keep my answering to what I know works for me, being 100%OP.
    Thanx Schnectedy...My point was this message thread is about rebooting and working around problems. It was not about the scale debate.There are plenty of discussions on that already through out the forum...and we pretty much know and agree...that is individual. My point was to share and acknowledge I am not alone in needing to go slow with the "processed diet" part of lo carb eating. And I've learned how to do it with out the "silver packets" being the only way ...which BTW does make it oh so much easier. Not being able to use the processed stuff does not mean you can't reboot tho'. However; if you do change it up ...why would you want to wait a week to know you didn't tweak your daily intake enough/right for your metabolism...and at the end of a week...how do you know where you went wrong?? Ignorance is bliss and let someone else tell you what to try next I guess...But there is no coach for what I am doing to maintain and fix what might go haywire. And I am not alone. This stuff I've had to deal with and reformatting my maintenance and management of "creep" over the last 4 months is probably of some value to someone else. My own threshold for the creep is impacted also knowing I can never go back on IP 100%. Ever again.

It doesn't mean we should throw out the baby with the bathwater!! There is a lot we should have learned by the end of the IP journey...even if the end gets bumpy!!!
  • Me,too!
    I'm restarting IP after 1year. I lost 13lbs. And gained it all back because phase 2 was over the holidays! Wish me luck!!
  • Today is my day 1 back on program. I have been off since June 2013 after losing over 60lbs. I am so greatful to be back on the program and already feel so much better knowing I am back on track and hoping to lose the weight I had gained back plus some extra. I am going the alternitive route this time. Good luck everyone!
  • I'm in!
    Hi everyone,

I'm happy to see so many familiar faces and hope the support of this group will get me back at goal. A stressful year at work & surgery sent the IP protocol out the window

I think wine is also adding way to many calories. I need to reevaluate my day to day choices & break some bad habits.

Thanks for starting this thread!!
  • Quote: Hi everyone,

I'm happy to see so many familiar faces and hope the support of this group will get me back at goal. A stressful year at work & surgery sent the IP protocol out the window

I think wine is also adding way to many calories. I need to reevaluate my day to day choices & break some bad habits.

Good luck Julie..there are more than 1 or 2 of us who had some bumps in the road this year!!Some hung on by a thread...some had to restart...and some of us have had to improvise. It's ALL good!
    We can help each other...!! The biggest part of any Lifestyle changes are cemented with the learning moments that occur from challenges...and learning about each other's journeys past and current can only enrich most of us. If we let it!
  • Ketostix?
    Not sure what this is. Does it tell you when tell you when
    You are in acidosis?
  • Quote: Not sure what this is. Does it tell you when tell you when
    You are in acidosis?
    You NEVER want to be in keto acidosis. That is dangerous

We aim for Ketosis, which some can measure by ketostix. Most of us find them useless due to inconsistent test results...mostly due to the amt of water we consume but also due to how quickly our bodies acclimate to burning off the ketones (rather than excreting them in urine)

I say save your money.
  • I am starting my reboot this week if my blender parts come in time. If not next week it is. I am pretty excited to get back to it. Feeling pretty sluggish and need to get back to my pre baby routine.
  • Ketosis! I thought acidosis sounded wrong! Thanks for the clarification! I'm off to lunch.....
  • Good afternoon, well it has started snowing and the temps are dropping, the wind is howling. I am already wanting Spring and it is only the first full week of January. lol. I am definitely in ketosis and not hungry, the scale was looking good, My official WI is friday morning. Stay strong
  • Quote: Hi everyone,

I'm with you on the wine, Julie. Last year when I was getting my elderly mom through breast cancer (she and DF also have Alzheimer's) I would get home and have to have a glass of wine -sometimes 2. That's behind me now(though it might be back in the other breast, sigh,) but when I'm out with people and everyone is having a drink. it almost seems unfriendly to not have one. I have figured out that if I put sparkling water in a glass, like at a wedding, everyone thinks I'm having a cocktail.

And when you're going through stressful times it's hard to do it without my favorite fat/carb by the bagful, like a crack addict, I eat it until it's gone. I consider wine my methadone because I can just have one or two and be fine. Currently I'm off the contraband but have had too many restricteds. Think I polished those off too. Someone on IP mentioned that they were drinking spicy tea in the evening. I've started doing that. Make a little ceremony of it - after a stressful day we need the feeling that we're doing something special for our selves. I have a mug that says, "High maintenance doesn't begin to describe it." I still got up and polished off some olives that were in the refrigerator though. Let me know if you find something that works.
  • Quote: I'm with you on the wine, Julie. Last year when I was getting my elderly mom through breast cancer (she and DF also have Alzheimer's) I would get home and have to have a glass of wine -sometimes 2. That's behind me now but when I'm out with people and everyone is having a drink. it almost seems unfriendly to not have one. I have figure out that if I put sparkling water in a glass, like at a wedding, everyone thinks I'm having a cocktail.
    With you on the damage wine can cause! It has always been a weakness esp when I'm with sisters and close family...Recently we lost my mom to alzheimers. Between the family pow-wows, the stress, travel and the holidays there was plenty of it around.
    How does everyone/anyone keep it at bay? What are the pitfalls? Also I find my stomach is delicate now that I'm walking the tightrope trying to maintain. This holiday I found alcohol and too much food can actually make me feel kinda sick though....am hoping that repercussion sticks! It might help!!
  • Ok! Completed day one, although I'm just finishing my wonderful dinner of roasted rutabaga and broccoli and baked salmon. Yum!

It's really cold here, although not as cold as where some of you are up north! But it's cold for Louisiana: 21 tonight!

Tomorrow I'll see my coach and buy some IP foods for the week. Yesterday I cleaned out my fridge and threw out some food that I was not going to eat. (left over lasagna, etc.).

I'm so happy to be back on P1. I know I'll be able to lose these 6 pounds fairly easily. Looking forward to being my skinny self. I'm so thankful that we have this magic tool!

Quote: I am starting my reboot this week if my blender parts come in time. If not next week it is. I am pretty excited to get back to it. Feeling pretty sluggish and need to get back to my pre baby routine.
    What a beautiful baby! Yes, that's great reason, Tiger!

Quote: With you on the damage wine can cause! It has always been a weakness esp when I'm with sisters and close family...Recently we lost my mom to alzheimers.
    So sorry about the loss of your mother. I'm sure the last few years were difficult. Hugs to you!
  • I am on day four of reboot number.......not sure lost count....but luckily I am feeling determined this time! I am feeling good, I find it hard to not have 4 packs a day.......but I know I am allowed up to five the first week, so I will hopefully get rid of the fourth closer to day seven. I have a challenging week coming up, my sons birthday so have to make cupcakes for his class, then get thru a birthday party on the weekend with cake.....never a perfect time to start lol. Hoping I will get thru it. I have tons of posts to read up on, good luck everyone.