Ideal Protein Newcomers introduce yourself here!

You're on Page 31 of 34
Go to
  • Hello everyone I started on Wednesday. I'm doing alternatives, but did IP through a clinic last year. Had to stop because of the costs, but after finding out about alternatives I feel like I can do this on my own! Well, with the help of this site of course! I think the 2nd round is almost easier? Maybe because I know what to expect, or know what packets I like.
  • Quote: Hello everyone I started on Wednesday. I'm doing alternatives, but did IP through a clinic last year. Had to stop because of the costs, but after finding out about alternatives I feel like I can do this on my own! Well, with the help of this site of course! I think the 2nd round is almost easier? Maybe because I know what to expect, or know what packets I like.
    Hi cottn, I'm just two weeks in and I am also doing alternatives. I did IP as well. My main goal besides saving money is to become accountable to me and stop playing the roller coaster weight game.

Good luck to you! Let's compare some of our alts!
  • Hello Newbie! I like the protidiet peanut butter caramel crisp bar, the chocolate pudding, the hot chocolate, and the chili. Did not like the protidiet pancake, the vanilla pudding, or the grape drink. I was hoping the pancake was yummy, my staple breakfast for IP was the crispy cereal pancake

How do you add the quote to your reply?
  • On the bottom right of a post there is a "quote" button - just click that and the post you want to quote will show up in the reply box.
  • Quote: On the bottom right of a post there is a "quote" button - just click that and the post you want to quote will show up in the reply box.
    Thank you so much Ruth Ann!
  • newbie on board..
    hello,

My name is Danilynn and i too have been a "stalker" on this site.

back ground of me and what lead me to this site: i have been up and down with my weight, i have lost as much as 30lbs (last year) to hit a plateau and regain it ALL back and then some. I was diagnosed (several years ago) with PCOS/PCOD -- Insulin Resistant (2 years ago) and recently Thyroid issues. I take 3 different types of medication to control each issue --- i am SOOOOO TIRED of that!!!

My goal is to be pill free and 'medically' normal at a healthy weight. I currently am at 185.6.

My stalking started about 3 months ago, when i learned that my boss was doing the Ideal Protein Clinic.. he had great success with it. So when i started to ask him questions about it, he wasnt really forthcoming with the information -- if you know what i mean. So i googled it and came to this site and to you lovely people. I started the Alternative with buying my own stuff that somewhat matches to the Ideal Protein way.. so far, i haven't had any issues with it. Though, day 1 and 2 were terrible headaches. Today is my day 3 and im fine but just hungry .

One question i have is -- how long do i wait before weighing myself? When i used to do diets in the past, i would weigh every day and find myself getting so frustrated with that darn scale. Half of the time i would throw it out! hahaha.. then end up digging it back out of the trash because i know i need it.

again -- thank you all for your words of encouragement.
  • Quote: hello,

My name is Danilynn and i too have been a "stalker" on this site.

back ground of me and what lead me to this site: i have been up and down with my weight, i have lost as much as 30lbs (last year) to hit a plateau and regain it ALL back and then some. I was diagnosed (several years ago) with PCOS/PCOD -- Insulin Resistant (2 years ago) and recently Thyroid issues. I take 3 different types of medication to control each issue --- i am SOOOOO TIRED of that!!!

My goal is to be pill free and 'medically' normal at a healthy weight. I currently am at 185.6.

My stalking started about 3 months ago, when i learned that my boss was doing the Ideal Protein Clinic.. he had great success with it. So when i started to ask him questions about it, he wasnt really forthcoming with the information -- if you know what i mean. So i googled it and came to this site and to you lovely people. I started the Alternative with buying my own stuff that somewhat matches to the Ideal Protein way.. so far, i haven't had any issues with it. Though, day 1 and 2 were terrible headaches. Today is my day 3 and im fine but just hungry .

One question i have is -- how long do i wait before weighing myself? When i used to do diets in the past, i would weigh every day and find myself getting so frustrated with that darn scale. Half of the time i would throw it out! hahaha.. then end up digging it back out of the trash because i know i need it.

again -- thank you all for your words of encouragement.
    Welcome. You have came to the right spot for questions, support, and general information (including alternatives). Weighing...definitely a personal decision. Some weigh each day for accountability knowing there may not be a loss and others only do it once a week. I think the general consensus is at least once a week on the same day you started but whenever you want so long as you are OK with what the scale shows. You will be medication free and get to goal! I believe in you and I believe in IP (alternatives too)! Cheers.
  • Hello,

I have not started yet, I just went to the required seminar last night. I actually got so much more info from you guys! Next week Fri I go in for my initial consult. What I worry most about is getting headaches. I get migraines often and it seems even a headache will knock me on my butt. But maybe I'm just a baby! So I am wondering if having a headache is going to happen and how long does that period last? I planned on starting on Fri because I work half day that day and was hoping to be feeling better for work Monday. Is this wishful thinking?

Thank you!
  • Hello everyone, my name is France, I just finished my first week on IP. I've never really dieted before except for last year when I had too when I got called for bariatric (sleeve) surgery (they require you to be on a liquide diet --shakes, for at least two weeks).

As you can guess, I decided not to go through with it, already having stomach problems, I didn't know if the surgery would fix or accentuate them..... so here I am!!

Had my first weigh-in last night and it went better I thought, I lost 9.5 lbs, am very happy about it and encouraged, I do realize however that I have a long way to go.... and that is scary!

Having said this, I'm very happy to have found this forum. I feel the support will be much needed at times.
  • Quote: Hello,

I have not started yet, I just went to the required seminar last night. I actually got so much more info from you guys! Next week Fri I go in for my initial consult. What I worry most about is getting headaches. I get migraines often and it seems even a headache will knock me on my butt. But maybe I'm just a baby! So I am wondering if having a headache is going to happen and how long does that period last? I planned on starting on Fri because I work half day that day and was hoping to be feeling better for work Monday. Is this wishful thinking?

Thank you!
    I think everyone has a different experience. I started last Wednesday and have not had any headaches at all. I'm pretty compliant with the extras (ie salt,oil,water,supplements) so I think that may help? I know I see a lot of people advise to make sure you're using the salt when you get a headache. I was pretty hungry the first few days, but never felt super tired. I also haven't had the energy boost some people have. Once you get into the swing of it, it's actually pretty easy!
  • Hello everybody! Today was my first day. My name is Andrea and I live in Dallas, TX. I have a friend who has lost over 30 lbs doing IP and when I saw what it did for her I was ready to jump right in. Today has been pretty good so far. I was a vegetarian for 3 years, then a vegan for 2 years, then did a 180 and did Paleo for the last year. Also peri-menopausal, so NOTHING worked. I was doing low carb with the Paleo, so I'm hoping I won't get the headaches. Tonight I'm having the Big Mac in a Bowl that I found in the recipes. I have been overweight for a while and it's just time to get healthy.
  • Nurse fatty
    Hello ladies I decided it try the Ideal protein diet but after finding out. The oat I do not have a budget but really wasn't to do this myself. Please help me get started. I have a friend that will start at same time. Can you kind successful ideal protein dieters help us get started. Direct us to sites, alternative foods and vitamins to buy?
  • Nurse fatty
    Hello ladies I decided to try the Ideal protein diet but after finding out The Cost I do not have that kind of extra cash lying around but really want to do this myself. Please help m get started. I have a friend that will start at same time. Can you successful, ideal protein dieters help us get started? Direct us to sites, alternative foods and vitamins to buy?
  • Quote: Hello,

Start cutting back on carbs NOW
    THat will help immensely
    I've had migraines my entire life. I get fewer when I'm soy/gluten-free and consume no MSG
    Regular headaches turn into giant headaches for me, as well. I got one the other day and 3 aleve and a nap later it was gone
    It will be essential for you to get all your salt and supplements.
  • Quote: Hello ladies I decided to try the Ideal protein diet but after finding out The Cost I do not have that kind of extra cash lying around but really want to do this myself. Please help m get started. I have a friend that will start at same time. Can you successful, ideal protein dieters help us get started? Direct us to sites, alternative foods and vitamins to buy?
    Hi Nurse - look for the "alternatives that will work with phase 1" thread - tons of information there!

And congrats on getting started!