Alternachicks at the movies

You're on Page 3 of 7
Go to
  • Johnny Depp was awesome in Pirates.

28 day leter was great! (it was by the guy who did trainspotting)

I got Comic Book Villians for christmas and it was a great movie. (I own a comic shop, so i thought some parts were hilarious)
  • How cool is that? You own a comic shop! in Jersey nontheless. Isn't Kevin Smith there?

I use to collect comics but the addiction is just too much, once the bill got over $300 a month, it was time for treatment.

What does Brad Pitt say in Fight Club ,"The things you own, own you."

Nuff said,
    Miss Chris
  • Kevin Smith's shop is about an hour and a half away. I have been there a couple of times. It is pretty neat because the new store has props and stuff. I have met him a couple of time and most of all the casts from the movies. Jason Lee was the best though!

It is true about the Fight Club Quote....For me it's more like Ed Norton with the IKEA catalog!
  • Lizziness- you weren't the only one laughing at parts of American Psycho, DH and I and are friends were too!

We got to see the uncut version in the theatre in Canada and when we saw the part that was cut out in the American version we were thinking what the he** There was no reason for that particular scene to be cut - guess you can show someone running naked and chasing someone with a chainsaw but you can't show certain sex scenes

Johnny Depp is one of those guys who is kind of an oddball but still sexy no matter what film he is in
  • I finally saw Finding Nemo. It was very cute. We had plans to go have sushi later, needless to say, I couldn't eat raw fish afterwards.

I too am a comic book feind. I like the odd-ball comics though Kill your Boyfriend and Lenore, Gloom Cookie, etc.
  • OooooH - I love Lenore and Gloom Cookie! I even have a Lenore doll that DH bought for me
  • Lenore is so cute...(even though she is dead..hehe...)
    so I guess I shouldn't bother seeing American Psycho huh?

I am going to see 28 Days later again though....
  • As for American Psycho - The rating system down here is weird. Basically you can have a certian amount of whatever in your film to be considered R - and they probably had to scale it down a bit so that they wouldn't give it an NC-17 rating - because those movies usually bomb in the states. So they probably scaled down what they thought they could get rid of in order to be an R and still leave the important stuff in.

We just watched "About Schmidt" last night. Talk about a depressing movie. Ugh. It was very slow moving and kind of like watching real life where everything is painful and akward. Plus Kathy Bates naked. Not tacky naked, but it was kind of a surprise. Wasn't expecting it. Hubby was wounded- *L* - but he enjoyed the movie more than i did.

now I'll be off soon to watch some bizzare anime where a boy wants to go to an all girls school so he dresses like a girl and then becomes a gym teacher?? oy. crazy anime,
  • I definitely found "About Schmidt" to be a fascinating movie - very true to life and although depressing, good acting, great script....

"Frida" was fabulous. Great performances and great story about a very intriguing woman. Interesting choices in what the stories they chose to share.

April Marie
  • About Schmidt is depressing, but doesn't Omaha look good? LOL I have to admit watching the movie was fun, because he didn't go anywhere I haven't been including the litte gas station on the interstate on the other side of Lincoln. There he was using the pay phone and I am thinking about the sweet people who work there that let me park my car out back to take a nap on a drive down to OK. Wait thats not really on the way to Denver from Omaha is it? Well he drove out of his way alot in that movie. Living in Dundee going to Millard for ice cream, he must have been really bored. For that matter driving from Dundee to go to Bakers out by my house is pretty ******ed too. But I guess thats movies.

Miss Chris
  • I finally watched Donnie Darko- great film-really enjoyed it!

Actually I really enjoyed American Psycho but I think you would understand it better if you had lived through the excesses of the 80's.
  • Whale Rider
    I just saw an Independent Film called Whale Rider. I am not sure if it is in limited release or not. But if it is playing by you, it was wonderful. The story takes place in New Zealand and centers around a young girl who's twin brother and Mother died in childbirth...her brother's destiny was to save the seafront village based on some old cultural belief about the first born boy.....guess what, that is almost what ruins this village. This young woman was amazing, the movie filmed in New Zealand the scenery was spectacular, the story was great and the acting was perfect!!
  • Donnie Darko is awesome. I always heard people talking about it so I decided to buy it. It was great. I had a hard time understanding it, because it was late and my phone rang at a crucial time, but once I watchied it again I loved it.

If you like that movie, you should see the Virgin suicides, Igby goes down, and the dangerous live of the altar boys. I own all of them and always tell people to give them a chance. I have a huge dvd collection....and I am slways looking for some great movies.....any suggestions????
  • I saw Pirates and sat fixed to the screen while watching Johnny Depp do his thang. <sigh>

I recently saw Freaky Friday with Jaime Lee Curtis and oh shoot...drawing a blank on her name. She was also the girl who played on the remake of Parent Trap. The red head. Anyway...my SIL and I watched it (with my son and her brother looking over our shoulders..lol). It was obviously geared toward the younger generation, but I enjoyed it. Of course, I think I've seen every movie that JMC has been in--including that box office flop--Drowning Mona..lol
  • I rented Spider (Gabriel Byrne, Ralph Finnes), and boy was that an odd movie. But I enjoyed it.

I also watched "Life of David Gale", which was ok.

And Piglet's Big Movie, which was just adorable.