IBD, Yeast Intolerance, Fibro, etc.

• Ok, so most people freak when I tell them what's wrong with me. I have Inflammatory Bowel Disease, which causes days of being stuck in the bathroom or weeks I can't even go. On top of that, I can't eat yeast and probably have a gluten intolerance (my birth dad's family has it all over). Eating enough fiber is really hard, so I always feel so bloated and nasty. Plus, the fibromyalgia makes it hard to move some days. Anyone have suggestions on how to keep my body in check? I eat well, but suddenly gained 10 pounds this past week. It feels so horrible.
  • Have you tried a low FODMAP diet? It may help. I have a LOT of food sensitivities, and that was one of the first places to start. I avoid coffee, sugar, gluten, greasy or fried foods, too much dairy or meat, and too many beans and cruciferous vegetables.

My stomach has never felt better. I started with eliminating coffee and gluten (and I've avoided sugar and greasy foods for 20 years).

I ended up adding some of the low FODMAP foods that didn't bother me like onions and tomatoes.