ISO something to do with fresh lemons!

• Help! My DH's boss gave us about 30 large fresh lemons and I haven't a clue other than Lemon Merangue Pie.
  • Hi Kel,
    You can try some of the following to use them up:

1. Make lemon zest out of the peel and freeze for future baking/recipes. (muffins, biscotti)

2. Make fresh lemon juice and freeze in ice cube trays - then transfer to a freezer bag. (Then you can add it to your favorite drink/pop as an ice cube - or once again use it for baking)

3. Add it to your skim milk to make butter milk. (try the frozen cubes)

4. Dehydrate the peel - for aroma therapy/baking

5. Dehydrate slices and use for crafts, or for potpouri.

6. You can make a glaze with icing sugar and lemon juice for baked goods

7. FRESH LEMONADE!!

(The smell of lemon can help with nausia)

If I think of any thing else I will add it....

Yvonne
  • Thanks but I'm looking more for recipes.
  • If you like baked fish, we had this over a campfire at Grand Tetons and it remains a wonderful memory of a GREAT MEAL!
    Fill cavity of fresh fish (such as trout, flounder, etc) with sliced lemons and sliced onion. Salt and pepper to taste. Use butter or Pan to line foil, and bake on grill in a foil packet. Wonderful! Onions and lemons are great to eat afterwards.
    I've been seeing suggestions of baking foil packets on GF, and may try this that way too. It would work in oven too, I'm sure.
    Paige
  • ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww fish! LOL! I only like fried fish (which I probably why I don't eat it that often) but thanks for the idea!

Kel

Ps - DH hates fish! LOL! unless they are swimming in the tank!