Old 01-15-2014, 03:40 PM   #136  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse101 View Post
... just being grateful for having a healthy body that can do lots of wonderful things.
Totally agree lighthouse. It is wonderful to have a healthy body that can do lots of wonderful things.
vachinyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:06 PM   #137  
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Hello! I had a good WI today -- down 3.8 lbs! I am at exactly 200. I honestly am not sure when the last time I was at this weight was -- at least 10 years ago, probably more like 15. Next week I will be in "onederland"!!

What is even more amazing to me, we looked back at my measurements today and as of now my bust and hips are the size my waist was when I started! I've gone from 52-43-52 to 43-38-43. Obviously I have a long way to go, but 6 months ago I'd pretty much given up hope of ever losing weight, so this whole thing is amazing to me!

Glad to see everyone staying positive!
Rockabillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:20 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabillygirl View Post
Hello! I had a good WI today -- down 3.8 lbs! I am at exactly 200. I honestly am not sure when the last time I was at this weight was -- at least 10 years ago, probably more like 15. Next week I will be in "onederland"!!

What is even more amazing to me, we looked back at my measurements today and as of now my bust and hips are the size my waist was when I started! I've gone from 52-43-52 to 43-38-43. Obviously I have a long way to go, but 6 months ago I'd pretty much given up hope of ever losing weight, so this whole thing is amazing to me!

What a great job you have done and now you are going to Onderland! How very exciting. I still have a way to go for that thrill, but I cannot wait. I have not been there since before my wedding 24 years ago, so I can guess how you feel 'cause I know how I will!
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:04 AM   #139  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Congrats on your progress and for sticking with it!
lighthouse101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:08 AM   #140  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Hi all, it was really great to see that someone revived this thread! It's been quite a journey for all of us, look at the progress we've made! Vachinyc, I hear you about the ever changing goal - my clinic changed me too. I'm so close, I think that even if I haven't hit it at my weigh-in tomorrow, I'll move to phase 2. I love the way I look in clothes now, not so crazy about the no-clothes look, LOL but think if I could get back to some cardio and just live like this for a while, I might settle into the new way of being. But the great thing is, I can always go back to phase 1 if I find I'm slipping or losing the discipline. Thanks for all the support you guys have given me over the months, I know I couldn't have done it without you all.
ecdcslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:15 AM   #141  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Hi all, it was really great to see that someone revived this thread! It's been quite a journey for all of us, look at the progress we've made! Vachinyc, I hear you about the ever changing goal - my clinic changed me too. I'm so close, I think that even if I haven't hit it at my weigh-in tomorrow, I'll move to phase 2. I love the way I look in clothes now, not so crazy about the no-clothes look, LOL but think if I could get back to some cardio and just live like this for a while, I might settle into the new way of being. But the great thing is, I can always go back to phase 1 if I find I'm slipping or losing the discipline. Thanks for all the support you guys have given me over the months, I know I couldn't have done it without you all.
Great accomplishment - that weight that you are looking for tomorrow is even lower that with which you started. What an accomplishment. Congratulations.

I think one of the great things about this program is that we can get excited about how we look in clothes again! For many, many years, I never REALLY looked in the mirror, knowing instinctively that would start my day off really wrong. I actually enjoy catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror because I surprise myself!

For Augusters - it is great that some of hung in there on the board - it has been a great help. Anyone hear from slowsteady? She is such a cheery and positive person and I miss hearing her voice on here.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:15 AM   #142  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Hey Augusters. I'm hanging in there. Yesterday I was 145.2, .2 lbs away from the 50lb mark. This morning I was 144. Gah lol! Getting pretty fatigued with the program. I may move into phase 2 for a bit to open up some options. Not sure yet. Keep on truckin gals!
nolasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:22 AM   #143  

Default You DID IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Hey Augusters. I'm hanging in there. Yesterday I was 145.2, .2 lbs away from the 50lb mark. This morning I was 144. Gah lol! Getting pretty fatigued with the program. I may move into phase 2 for a bit to open up some options. Not sure yet. Keep on truckin gals!
WOW - two bonuses in one weigh in...you manage to drop 1.2 pounds in one day AND you go over 50 pounds. You must be floating with excitement! For someone at your height, 50 pounds is a HUGE loss and must make you an entirely new woman. I hope you are enjoying it.

Although there have been times when I was tired of the program, I am OK now. I think the extended 'vacation' I took when I could not get my mind in the right place served to reset my interest. I am quite keen on being 100% OP and being as active as possible through the day.

I now make myself a to-do list every morning for two reasons. Yes, it helps my feeble mind keep track of what I need to do, but it is also a way for me to see how active I am and can be. It is fun at the end of the day to look at my crossed off activities.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:53 AM   #144  

Quote:

Wow rockabilly your stats are awesome! My waist measurement isn't moving like I'd like - it's always been troublesome - but I think I need a new bra
Old 01-18-2014, 09:37 AM   #145  

Ladies:
I have some barely worn bras.
If anyone is a DDD, shoot me a PM
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:16 AM   #146  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Your progress has been amazing! I'm so happy for you and can't wait until I get to that point. This will the the year for so many of us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Wow, what an accomplishment! I hear you about the fatigue - I think that's why I fell off the wagon for a bit over the holidays. In hindsight, though if I had stayed with it, I'd be closer to my goals and not working on relosing weight I lost before the holidays. You journey is an inspiration to me to keep on moving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post

Although there have been times when I was tired of the program, I am OK now. I think the extended 'vacation' I took when I could not get my mind in the right place served to reset my interest. I am quite keen on being 100% OP and being as active as possible through the day.
Me too! I feel like I'm back in the right head space to keep going now and I'm loving getting some more exercise in too.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:24 AM   #147  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse101 View Post
Your progress has been amazing! I'm so happy for you and can't wait until I get to that point. This will the the year for so many of us!

Me too! I feel like I'm back in the right head space to keep going now and I'm loving getting some more exercise in too.
I love your reference to "right head space" because that is exactly the way I look at it. Mine is a mental/emotional battle to keep myself in that place. The more I do it, the easier it is.

The exercise part of it surprised me. I have never gone to a gym and never successfully exercised regularly. I find the exercise helps keep me in that same right space. Part of it is probably the physical body response and some of it is knowing exactly how hard it is to burn up the few calories I do - why would I give that up for some poor choice of what I later put in my mouth!
Old 01-19-2014, 12:46 PM   #148  
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Oh dear . . . I went to a work gathering last night and fell off the wagon completely!! It didn't help that my co-workers were telling me how great I looked and that cheating once in awhile wouldn't undo it all. Obviously it was my choice, and what's done is done, but I'm really going to be mad at myself if it shows on the scale on Thursday! (Although, in reality, that might be good for me because every time I've cheated so far, it has NOT caught up with me, which makes it easier to cheat . . . )

I'm rambling but I felt the need to "confess". Have a great Sunday!
Rockabillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:09 PM   #149  

Quote:
Oh dear . . . I went to a work gathering last night and fell off the wagon completely!! It didn't help that my co-workers were telling me how great I looked and that cheating once in awhile wouldn't undo it all. Obviously it was my choice, and what's done is done, but I'm really going to be mad at myself if it shows on the scale on Thursday! (Although, in reality, that might be good for me because every time I've cheated so far, it has NOT caught up with me, which makes it easier to cheat . . . )

I'm rambling but I felt the need to "confess". Have a great Sunday!
Thanks for sharing. Many of us have unfortunately experienced something similar while on IP, myself included. Don't stress too much about it and just hop back on the IP train to get where you want to be!
Old 01-21-2014, 04:13 PM   #150  

I am having a case of fatigue of the diet ... I feel bad even saying since others have been doing it so much longer. I find myself thinking about food I can't have a lot and even trying to rationalize that just a little would be ok. Yikes!

I think the thing that concerns me most is that if I have these feelings now (ie I don't think that any cravings are gone) which makes me nervous about the longer term and maintenance.

Reading the boards today for inspiration and determination.

IP POWER to us all.