Prayer Warriors-All Faiths-2013 part 3

You're on Page 14 of 16
Go to
  • Went up with my sister to see Tim today. I paged and texted the Drs. and Social workers and said we would be there about 3:00. Met with just about everyone. They have determined that Tim will need to have 24 hour assistance, so this means they will be placing him in a Hospice facility. They are checking to see if they can get him in somewhere a lot closer to home. So far they are looking at a place that is about 50 miles away but that is still better than 150 miles away. They are giving him morphine and keeping him comfortable. They may be able to move him as soon as Friday or it may be Monday.
  • Hi! I'm new to the forum, but looking forward to meeting everyone!
  • Quote: Went up with my sister to see Tim today. I paged and texted the Drs. and Social workers and said we would be there about 3:00. Met with just about everyone. They have determined that Tim will need to have 24 hour assistance, so this means they will be placing him in a Hospice facility. They are checking to see if they can get him in somewhere a lot closer to home. So far they are looking at a place that is about 50 miles away but that is still better than 150 miles away. They are giving him morphine and keeping him comfortable. They may be able to move him as soon as Friday or it may be Monday.
    Karen, God bless you and Tim.
  • Tim called just a bit ago. It is so hard for him to talk. He said he has hoped I would be coming up today. I told him I was planning on tomorrow. He said he had a palliative nurse assigned to him now. So I called her.
    I just talked to the palliative nurse for Tim. I called her. She said the Drs. were in with him now and she would call me back after she talked to them. I told her I wanted to come up tomorrow unless she thought I needed to come up today. She will let me know.
  • Prayers going up for Bargoo, Karen, and Tim.
  • Karen & Bargoo-I pray for you both (and your families) 'without ceasing'. My heart breaks for you, Karen, but I know God will be with you and Tim. God will help you, Bargoo, in making your decisions. Your safety is the most important factor. Love and hugs for you both!
  • Thanks, ronni.
  • Thanks Ronni--- it is hard
  • This morning I lost my best friend and love of my life. Go Rest High on That Mountain. R.I.P. Tim I Love You and will miss you so much
  • Karen , I am so sorry, but you know he is in the arms of Jesus, couldn't be in a better place. I know you will miss him .
  • Karen, I am so sorry. Tim no longer suffers, but you do. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. God bless you. ~Dena
  • Prayer partners, Karen has been so faithful to pray for our needs Now she has suffered a great loss and needs our prayers.
  • Praying for you, Karen!
  • My brother got my stem cells (used to be called bone marrow transplant) on July 8. He has made it over 30 days so they call the transplant a success. He is out of the hospital now but has to stay within 20 minutes of the cancer center at all times, and he still gets daily treatments. Please pray for John and especially for our 85 year old mother Mary Ann who is his caregiver. We have moved them into a one bedroom apartment near the cancer center.
  • Quote: My brother got my stem cells (used to be called bone marrow transplant) on July 8. He has made it over 30 days so they call the transplant a success. He is out of the hospital now but has to stay within 20 minutes of the cancer center at all times, and he still gets daily treatments. Please pray for John and especially for our 85 year old mother Mary Ann who is his caregiver. We have moved them into a one bedroom apartment near the cancer center.
    Praying for John and all your family.