Prayer Warriors-All Faiths-2013 part 3

You're on Page 12 of 16
Go to
  • Keeping you and Tim in my prayers,
  • Karen, you and Tim are in my daily prayers.
  • Karen-Prayers continuing for you and Tim.
  • We went to KC yesterday to get the prescriptions Tim needed and ended up spending about 3 hours with his oncologist, and his oncologist nurse. Not to bad for not having any appointment at all
    with any of them. They have determined that there isn't really anything else they can do for Tim other than try to keep him as comfortable and happy as possible. They called in the social worker there too, again remember no appointment, and she spent a good amount of time with us explaining the hospice program. So she is going to get that set up and started ASAP. Then picked up his meds that he needed and headed home. Thanks so much to my sister for taking out her whole day with me to help in ways that I'm sure neither of us imagined. Love my sister!!!!! Then she went above and beyond and gave Tim his shot that he needed today. Love my sister!!!Just wanted to update everyone.

• Karen-I am so sorry. You and Tim will continue to be in my prayers, along with your family. Enjoy the time you have left and just love each other. Wish there was more I could do or say-just know that I'll be lifting you all up in prayer. God will be with you through this.
  • May I ask for prayers, please? I had a rescue dog I was fostering that I'd had for 8 days- he had never shown any aggression or untoward interest in my cats. On Saturday, I was vacuuming and one of my cats ran from the vacuum. I couldn't hear anything over the vacuum- but when I got done I found that the new dog had attacked my cat and killed it. I am utterly heartbroken, I feel horribly guilty, I am having trouble getting the condition of my cat's body out of my head. It was awful. He was the sweetest cat, and I loved him very much, and I just feel so responsible. The dog has gone back to the rescue, and I feel awful about that too because he has serious separation anxiety and he and I were becoming attached to one another. And I know he didn't kill my cat to be bad- I'm sure the running cat triggered a chase instinct. It's an awful situation. I am full of anxiety, with stomach cramps and difficulty eating and sleeping. If you could pray for the Lord to help me find acceptance and peace with this issue, I would really appreciate it.

Karen and Tim remain in my daily prayers, and Bargoo, for healing.

Dee
  • Dee-Prayers for you and the anxiety and issues from this horrible situation. Such a sad thing to happen and I can imagine how bad this would affect someone. I can only say that maybe some good will come from it, in that the shelter now knows there's some retraining to be done with the dog before it's put into another home with pets (or even children). So sorry for the loss of your poor kitty. Praying for peace for you.
  • Ronni,

Thanks very much for your prayers, I'm grateful. Will be praying for you, too. I hope things are going well.
  • Dee, I'm so sorry to hear this story. .Make me sad... (hugs)))
  • Dee I'm sorry to hear about your cat and dog situation. I had a kitten and a puppy that I got at the same time. They loved each other so much because they grew up together. Then one morning the boys found the kitten dead by the side of the house. Come to find out the German shepherd of a friend of our got out and killed her. I always felt like it was m fault because she didn't know to be afraid of the German shepherd and run because she only knew one dog that loved her, my Cocker Spaniel she had grown up with. I decided right then and there I would never do that again. It didn't stop me from feeling heartbroken and hurt. I pray you can find peace in the situation.

Prayers continue for all.
  • Thank you Karen, and Patty-girl. I remain very upset and heartbroken about this situation. I keep wishing I could go back and do things different.
  • Our Lord has ascended into heaven!!! Alleluia!! I continue to lift everyone here up in prayer!
  • Hello
    I am new here but drawn to this board because I love the Lord and this appears to be an intimate group. I have 9 children, my husband and I home school the 7 that are home (we had 7 children in 6 years, that's why I'm here). I'm 44 years old, my husband is 54... we enjoy farming, gardening, I like making sourdough bread though I am not eating it right now.

Dee, I am so sorry to hear about your situation. I had a dog kill our "favorite" cat I ever had back in 1999 or so. It is so tragic. I know your pain personally. : ( I'll be praying.

Fleur, I keep thinking of you today (saw your post about your loss of your baby last night when I found this site). I don't know you but am hurting for you. I am so sorry. I hope you have family to help you during this time.

Karen, I of course don't know your story, but it sounds like your son is in a hospice and not doing well. I'm so sorry, it's got to be so hard on you. I'm glad you have friends here to pray for you.
  • Fruitofthewomb-Welcome! Glad to have you here! You sound like a very busy lady!

Prayers continue for all needs
  • Sorry I have been kind of MIA!! Tim has 4 younger siblings (2 sisters and 2 brothers) and over the course of the last 2 weeks they have all made their way to see him. Not all at the same time... WHEW!! But his oldest younger sister(from Albuquerque, NM) came in and spent 4 days with us. And the his two brothers (one from Mass and one from New Hampshire) came at the same time for like 3 days and then the day they left, we, the brothers and I, went and picked up the youngest sister who came from Pennsylvania. We picker her up at 1:00am and the brothers had to leave at 5:00am to fly out that same morning so it has been a whirlwind couple of weeks!

Tim is now trying another type of chemo. It is an oral pill called capesidabene--Don't know if I spelled that right or not. He has been taking it a little over a week now and seems to be doing OK. I keep asking him how he feels but I don't think he would tell me if he feels bad... MEN!! Anyway, they have told me that from the time that the pancreatic cancer was diagnosed it had probably already been in his system for at least 14 months. And on April 1 they told us they were giving him 6 months to a year. So everything is really just day by day.. But right now he is doing OK.