Back in the saddle. Horse Lovers Unite!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Yeah I don't think I could mount without a block right now lol
  • I still can't mount without a block and due to my knees not sure if I ever will be able to. My horse is a big/tall horse at 16.1. I was worried about my weight not so much now. I am at 209 currently but horses can take a lot of weight but you do have to account for the tack too. My girl is almost 1200lbs so safely she can take about 240 lbs in addition to her tack. I need to get more flexible in my joints though so that is why I took up weight lifting.
  • I grew up with horses - my cousin went through quite a few before she discovered cars and boys. And then the neighbor owned registered cutting horses. So I rode two of his (he wouldn't let me ride the stud even with me begging - Dooley was a gorgeous sorrel). I was never in a position where I could have my own, and unfortunately I'm still not.

But now I'm in a county where I'm surrounded by gorgeous horse flesh but no one will even let me come muck stalls. Miss my hometown, people were a lot nicer there. If I could just spend some time at a stable ... trade hard work for riding ... *sighs*