this cracked me up...

• I brought in brownies (chocolate chip cheesecake ones, yes I cheated) that I baked to work on Monday for a co-workers birthday.

My friend Dottie was looking a little green, and I asked her what was wrong. She said she ate two brownies, then drank a can of Slimfast and was feeling sick.

I thought it was funny (sorry, Dottie). I mean what the point of drinking Slimfast and eating two brownies. She claims she's fat. She isn't-she's one of those skinny but flabby people that has never exercised in their lives-she told me she never has, yet she probably wears a size eight. AARGGH! I told her exercise would help more than drinking Slimfast, but she said she won't exercise.

It occurs to me that even though we're overweight, we know more about healthy eating and exercise than many skinny people!

Sherry
  • Slimfast and brownies--now that's a combo! Bet that's not the "sensible meal" they talk about in their commercials. . .
  • Brownies & SlimFast, that's almost as good as a Snickers & a Diet Coke.

Sheila, I love your new avatar. What beautiful markings!
  • With all the technology in the world, cant someone come up with a REAL drink that would wash away the calories of whatever you're eating with it?? Talk about a perfect world...

Miki
  • By the way, Suzie...those brownies sound delicious! I'd love the recipe! ( just in case I ever decided to cheat, which I never do..no way, not me..not ever, I mean Ever!)

Miki
  • Miki, if you eat them standing up, they have no calories! (I love those dieting myths)

Thanks, SAPF--that's my bad boy MinPin, Mitch. He's a pretty handsome boy, but such a brat. Those light patches used to be rust-colored, but he's 11 now (actually, he's my youngest dog) and they're turning all white.
  • hee hee hee...I remember a large woman comedian years ago who used to talk about how SlimFast never worked for her because it was so gross that she had to mix it with heavy cream to make it palatable.
  • LOL those are all funny. The same as if you eat something and noone sees you, then it doesn't count.
  • That is to funny, but how many of us have ordered a #1 Combo Meal, Supersize, with desert and a Diet Coke ???

<----- GUILTY

But the truth is, I don't like regular soda and if given a choice I'd rather have plain iced tea.....nonetheless....still guilty
  • Leens

Ditto here!!! I'd get my pint of Ben & Jerry's (to eat in one sitting of course) and a 44 oz. Diet Pepsi!!

I also can't stand the taste of regular soda. It leaves a horrible taste in my mouth.
  • Here's my favourite "Diet-lore": Even #s of desserts cancel each other out!

Kris
    261-186-155
  • Broken cookies have no calories because they've all fallen out.

Things eaten while the fridge door is still open don't count.

If a pint of ice creams falls into your mouth, and no one is around, does it make cellulite?
  • And if no one see's you eating it, how can the calories count ?
  • Now that is funny. But I'm not one of those that likes diet soda. I thing that leaves the WORST taste in my mouth.

Bella23
  • Here are a bunch more like that.