Go to
  • Sw: 285
    Cw: 275
    Gw: 270

11/1 - 275
  • I'm in. Ambitious goal.

SW: 265
    GW: 245

That's 5 lbs a week. I think I can do it.
  • 11/01: 149.8
  • ok - an auspicious start to the month!

SW: 149.2
    GW: 144.2

10/31: 149.2
    11/01: 148.7 (-.5)

thanks Jacqui_D, its great to be back!!!!!!!!!

Happy weekend everyone
  • This morning was a comedy of errors, not the least of which involved a power failure that had me up at 5am dealing with the power company. As a result of all the goings on, I ended up forgetting to weigh myself. So I’ll have to wait until tomorrow to see whether my recent water weight has disappeared.

SW: 140.0
    GW: 135.0

11/1: DNW

Turtle: Glad you hung on to 156 despite the candies.

Jacqui: 1.5 lbs! ... What a great start to the month!

Woodstock: A half pound down is a good way to start November!

183StGB: Sorry about your job, but I agree with your parents…unless you truly need money to pay for food and rent, then skip the job and focus more time on your studies!

Sue (wannaskip): Welcome aboard…it’s great to have you!!!

To all else, including newcomers and our regulars: Welcome and good luck with your November goals!!
  • Jaqui, that sound you hear out bac, that cluck cluck cluck stuff, that is the Big Fat Rooster in his hen suit. My goals of 12 lbs per month the last two months fell flat on his big fat....... well, ya know (no, not tummy)

I am in again for this month. I did not weigh for about 4 or five days, need to go back to those other challenges and post and run (cluck cluck cluck) My 12 lb looked easy goals did not work for me. Something going on with me that I gotta find out what is. Anyway, I did weigh this morning and the scales said 242.8

That is 6 lbs down from the start of the month, half of my "easy" (cluck cluck cluck) goal of 12 lbs for the month.

I decided to tone down my goal for this month as bad as I hate to. But after reading yall's posts, looks like several of us decided to do the same thing
    HA HA !! Love yall Making it easier for this ole fat rooster to try again

Anyway, I was going to say just six lbs this month, but instead I will try 10 just so as not to make it easy on myself ya know

Starting weight 242.8
    Goal weight 232.8

See yall on the 8th weigh in

B F R
  • Nov 1 - 165.7

Nov 30 - goal 160.7
  • today's weigh-in: 78,9kg (173.9lbs)
    yesterday's calories: 2500
    yesterday's exercise: --
    today's weigh-in: 79,4kg (175.0lbs)
    change: +0,5kg (+1.1lbs)

Good Morning

I really struggle with eating right when I'm at my parents' house. At school, I only buy foods that fit into my calorie goals, but here, there is anything I could wish for. Fresh bakery Brezels are my downfall. If I don't even start with that kind of stuff (even if one fits into my calorie goal), I do better. So -- no Brezel today, even though they smell SO GOOD.

I am still a little down about not getting the job, but I scouted 2 more that do not include gift wrapping and are closer to my house, so I'll send out applications in the afternoon.

Jacqui_D congrats on the loss! That's the way to start the month!!

Tuscany yeah, my basic needs are covered, but everything else, like clothes and books and booze I need to ask my parents for extras. I guess, I could cut back on those expenses and not work, but it's also that I feel I need to be a little more independent

welcome to all the new people on this thread --
    have a wonderful day
  • Sw (10/29): 148.0
    Gw: 139
  • Nov. 1: 265.4
    Nov. 2: 265.6
  • Sw 149
    Gw 143

11/01: 149.8
    11/02: 150.8
  • Started November 204.6
    Hopeful Goal 195 end of November
    Would be ecstatic goal 190. End of November.

Here's how I plan to do it.
    Exercise: 500 minutes of exercise each week. Goal 2000 minutes end of month. Mix of Running, Walking, Piloxing for my cardio once a week and strength training 3 times a week Start small with 1 set of 12 exercises. Build up to 3 sets. Try and get some yoga in each day. Bought a dvd with Am pm with short and long versions. Would like to start towards the end of the month in a Tai Yoga class.
    Eating: write it all down. Try to keep calories at goal of 1680. Allow for 1 slip a week.
    Water: 100 oz.

Funny I guess that spells EEW which is kinda how I feel about my failed October.
  • Thank you JacquiD for the welcome! and Tuscany for the welcome HUG Darn OLE power company! grrr Hope everything is working now!

SW 249.6
    11/2 248 (-1.6) Hooray!!!!!!! Like the way this is starting!

GW 242.6
  • It's great to see so many of you back from the October thread -- we had a great month there and we're ready to do more in November!

Welcome to all the newbies! Here are two observations I've made while running this thread.

1. People who post lose pounds.
    2. Most of the successful losers also post in our workout thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...challenge.html
    So join this party as often as you can!

Let me know if I missed anyone or messed up any goals -- easily fixed!

Rated: 5 lbs
    Mori_M: 15 lbs
    Jacqui_D: 6 lbs
    mygirlvj: 6 lbs
    cincorn: 5.8 lbs
    Campana: 8 lbs
    marymo: 4.2 lbs
    tefrey: 10.1 lbs
    nitrus29: ONEderland!
    Sum38: 6 lbs
    Turtle11: 5 lbs
    nlauah: 3.6 lbs
    therecoveringfatchic: 10 lbs
    MrsKevin: 6 lbs
    Woodstock: 5 lbs
    stilettolife: 5 lbs
    Tuscany: 5 lbs
    SouthernBell02: 6 lbs
    183StGB: 2.2 kgs
    wannaskipandlaugh: 7 lbs
    boatingmommy: 6 lbs
    Psav: 7 lbs
    Only_Believe: 10 lbs
    gardenerjoy: 1.5 lbs
    watchoutforthatcar: 11.4 lbs
    Rsadler126: 7.4 lbs
    twish: 20 lbs
    Big_Fat_Rooster: 10 lbs
    keljipa 5 lbs
    highcidity: 9 lbs
    soon2beskinnyCarma: 9.6 lbs
  • SW: 76.2 kgs
    CW: 76.4 kgs (+0.2 kgs)
    GW: 75.5 kgs

Tuscany: good for you for reporting in even though you didn't manage to weigh yourself. That's dedication (and I should do that -- I think it would help on those rare days when I don't weigh).