Home of the 90% (Occasional Slip-up Zone) Volume 2

You're on Page 9 of 36
Go to
  • I ate a Hershey kiss today.
  • Quote: I joined too and agree it seems like a lot to lose by then.
    When I started IP a good friend who had been on the program told me she lost 28 lbs in 7 weeks! I could not believe it! I started and at the 6 week point I was down 20 lbs! I remember thinking, "what if I'm the only person on IP that it doesn't work so well for?" It is definitely possible to lose that amount by Christmas. You will feel amazing when you hit that goal! Good luck and just know you have lots of support here.
  • Quote: I ate a Hershey kiss today.
    Hershey Kisses are divine! I had the best candy for Halloween; Snickers, Almond Joy, Reese's, Hershey Chocolate, Kit Kats.....OMG!!!!! Luckily I didn't have any of it, I didn't dare open it until Halloween night. Then, we had so much left over that I bagged it up and put it above my cabinets in the kitchen. I needed a ladder to get it up there. lol. I waited for my son and his family to visit and got it down and sent it home with them. I would have eaten the whole load of it. Chocolate is cryptonite!
  • Hello 90%ers. Kind of fell of the wagon on Sunday. Went to an acquaintences house for dinner and managed to steer clear of the fresh rolls, but I did have a baked potato, salad with fruit and candied walnuts, and a cupcake. Yesterday I just knew I wasn't in ketosis anymore. I wanted to eat everything in sight and had the pre-ketosis headaches. I stuck to the program yesterday and am hoping to get right back in to ketosis. After being out of it for a while it reminds me how great ketosis is for curbing apetite and cravings. The cupcake was good, but I don't know if it was THAT good.

Had my weigh in this morning and I thought for sure I would be up a pound, but turns out I was actually down 2.2. That's my lowest loss so far, but I know the choices I made to put there. Now I'm planning for a OP week!
    I feel like we should call this threat "The Conffesional" I love that we have a place to confess our mistakes instead of letting them weigh us down and feeling like we have to hide them.
  • [UOTE=Meeshellee;4881917]I feel like we should call this threat "The Conffesional" I love that we have a place to confess our mistakes instead of letting them weigh us down and feeling like we have to hide them.[/QUOTE]

Heck woman I'm not hiding it at all LOL.. For some reason today I wanted just 1 piece of non-chemical REAL chocolate and I ate it . Do I feel bad not really. Will it kill my perfect week yes it did, will I cry about the set back, nope! I'll keep plugging away my 16s may not fit Friday but such is life

• Quote: [UOTE=Meeshellee;4881917]I feel like we should call this threat "The Conffesional" I love that we have a place to confess our mistakes instead of letting them weigh us down and feeling like we have to hide them.
    Heck woman I'm not hiding it at all LOL.. For some reason today I wanted just 1 piece of non-chemical REAL chocolate and I ate it . Do I feel bad not really. Will it kill my perfect week yes it did, will I cry about the set back, nope! I'll keep plugging away my 16s may not fit Friday but such is life

[/QUOTE]

I haven't had a perfect weekend either. Today I needed something hot for lunch and I didn't want chicken instead I had a cup of chili from McAlisters deli. OMG delish. WAY to many calories for the cup and to many carbs. I really don't care tho.
    I just had a mini Heath bar out of my kid's Halloween bag!
  • I treated myself to a Five Guys Bacon Cheeseburger and 10 frenchfries - cause it's my birthday and I wanted to. It was awesome.

Now back on track with the next meal!!

I feel much better now
  • Quote: I just had a mini Heath bar out of my kid's Halloween bag!
    I LOVE those. Except I noticed one thing that when I ate that my tummy felt icky, like I was actually rejecting CHOCOLATE!!! Oh the HORROR!!!
  • Quote: When I started IP a good friend who had been on the program told me she lost 28 lbs in 7 weeks! I could not believe it! I started and at the 6 week point I was down 20 lbs! I remember thinking, "what if I'm the only person on IP that it doesn't work so well for?" It is definitely possible to lose that amount by Christmas. You will feel amazing when you hit that goal! Good luck and just know you have lots of support here.
    I seriously can't wait to see how much I can lose. The girls at work were making fun of my saggy bottom in my jeans. I'll take it with a grin

By the way dak1lls. you look amazing in your picture. You look like a completely different person.
  • Quote: [UOTE=Meeshellee;4881917]I feel like we should call this threat "The Conffesional" I love that we have a place to confess our mistakes instead of letting them weigh us down and feeling like we have to hide them.

[/QUOTE]

Love this! You will get into those 16's!
  • Quote: I seriously can't wait to see how much I can lose. The girls at work were making fun of my saggy bottom in my jeans. I'll take it with a grin

By the way dak1lls. you look amazing in your picture. You look like a completely different person.
    Thanks jemma! I just finished going through my closet to get rid of more clothes. I love the saggy bottom jeans, but it was time to clear em out!
  • Hi 90ers! Back from Disney. I went on the trip with all of my IP foods... and didn't eat any of them :P It was a total free-for-all... not going to lie. Came home Monday night, was up 7.8 pounds on my scale...IN 1 WEEK! I freaked, but realized that there was no way I could have consumed that many calories to put on almost 8 real pounds of fat, so I've been eating really strictly P1 the last couple of days, and all but 2 pounds are gone....so I'm guessing those 2 pounds are my real gain. I don't regret, though... after 6+ months on IP, I really enjoyed just having a week of not watching. But now, back to getting off the last 30 pounds (except for Thanksgiving... no chance i'm resisting my mom's TG meal).

Hope everyone had a great week!
  • Good job Saskatchewan girl
    Quote: Happy Halloween everyone!

I have read through our Volume 2...and it seems I may actually have some intelligent things to offer today! Yay me!

Usually I am the one down in the dumps...falling off plan...etc etc. But not today! I started IP on Aug 2nd. I did exceptionally well for 5 weeks, lost 21lbs. My first few days were rough- nausea, hungry, dizzy, YUCK. Then I started to feel fantastic- energy, clothes getting too big, comments from family, friends, coworkers...finally so PROUD of myself for once.

Then I went on vacation. To California for a week. Ate completely off plan- sugar, carbs, you name it, I ate it! When I got back I was up 7lbs. I did fairly well getting that 7lbs back off staying maybe 75% on plan. Then through Thanksgiving, etc I indulged here and there and didn't really stay on plan well at all. I also started binging into the Peanut Butter jar in the evenings...oh and chocolate bars!! Then this past weekend I just said that's it. Monday morning- back on 100%. I needed to get out of the crave, eat, feel guilty cycle. It truly is a terrible thing. And truly- the more you nibble the more you want.

Its Thursday- been back OP for 4 days now. I did not have the carb withdrawal nearly as bad as the first time. Cravings are gone. Energy is good. Feeling fantastic again...and down 2.1lbs to boot! it's a brain game. Just set your mind to it- get MAD AND SAY YES I CAN ****IN DO THIS! That's what I did. I am going to get under 200lbs and I am going to lose another 25lbs by Christmas. Just watch me

And now, having said ALL this- I do not follow the plan 100%. I am sooooo sorry to all you 100%ers, but I cannot forgo some things. These include:

non-dairy creamer
    Tim Hortons Double Doubles (small)
    a slice of cheese here or there, or cheesestrings
    extra hard boiled eggs (maybe 1-2 a day)
    Bolthouse Farms low cal/low fat salad dressings, and sometimes even regular dressings!

and on some days, like today- I eat like phase 2. For dinner today I had a half size wendy's salad, with the grilled chicken on top. No croutons. 1/2 pack of their dressing.

All these things have not impacted my losses so far. It's the donuts...the candy, etc the high glycemic index, carby foods that derail me! SUGAR is evil. I now understand.

Have a fantastic day all- sending IP POWER to us all!
    I think it's important to remember that you can't change yesterday....only tomorrow. One day at a time. Change takes work.
    Congrats on all your success so far! You deserve it!