Homemade Seasoning Mixes

• I wanted to start a thread so people could share their own homemade seasoning mixes.

I am a sucker for those McCormick packets, but as I've started IP and learned to read the entire list of ingredients, I am not so happy about all the extra junk they include.

I've started searching around for homemade mixes and was thinking others may be interested in getting this info and some may want to share their own.

Please feel free to share what you've created!
  • Homemade Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix
    I've used this on chicken and it's excellent on roasted veggies or as a seasoning for your salad.

Homemade Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix

Ingredients
    2 Tbsp dried parsley
    1 tsp dried dill
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    1/2 tsp dried basil
    1/2 tsp pepper

Directions
    Add each of the dried spices to a bowl and gently stir.
    Store in a resealable plastic baggie or small ball canning jar with tight fitting lid in your spice cabinet.

Makes about 4 Tbsp worth of mix. Or use the ratios above and mix up however much you’ll need!

Read more: http://www.5dollardinners.com/homema...#ixzz2j1pD67b8
  • Taco Seasoning
    Ingredients
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    ½ teaspoon garlic powder
    ¼ teaspoon onion powder
    ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    ½ teaspoon dried oregano
    ½ teaspoon paprika
    1½ teaspoons ground cumin
    1 teaspoon sea salt
    1 teaspoon black pepper

Directions
    Mix together all ingredients. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
    When you are ready to use use your Homemade Taco Seasoning, use about 2 tablespoons per 1 pound of meat. Feel free to add more or use less, I just found that to be the sweet spot

Brown your beef and drain off fat. Sprinkle seasoning evenly over meat and add ⅓ cup of water. Simmer until water is adsorbed.
  • Are these seasonings good for all phases? just making sure. I am new to IP
    thanks
    Darlac
  • Stacyjblack, these look delicious!!!

I didn't come up with this one, Rainbow did, but it is my absolute favorite dressing!!!!

1 tbsp olive oil
    2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
    1 tbsp amino acids or tamari soy sauce (soya works too)
    3/4 tsp of each: cilantro paste, red chili pepper sauce, ginger paste, lemongrass paste, garlic paste.
    sprinkle celery salt, red pepper flakes and poppy seeds.

I didn't have celery salt or poppy seeds and it was still delicious!!!
  • Quote: Are these seasonings good for all phases? just making sure. I am new to IP
    thanks
    Darlac
    Yes!

Quote: Stacyjblack, these look delicious!!!

I didn't come up with this one, Rainbow did, but it is my absolute favorite dressing!!!!

1 tbsp olive oil
    2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
    1 tbsp amino acids or tamari soy sauce (soya works too)
    3/4 tsp of each: cilantro paste, red chili pepper sauce, ginger paste, lemongrass paste, garlic paste.
    sprinkle celery salt, red pepper flakes and poppy seeds.

I didn't have celery salt or poppy seeds and it was still delicious!!!
    MMMM. I will have to make this!
  • Stacy,

this is wonderful!

thank you!
  • Jerk Seasoning
    This is good for chicken and pork and fish. It's close to what I'd use off diet but it still tastes good.

Rub:
    1 table spoon thyme
    1 table spoon smoked chilli powder
    1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon of salt
    1/2 teaspoon of allspice
  • Thank you! Keep these ideas coming!
    I will be making the taco seasoning for sure!
  • Bump!
    Too good to lose!
  • Quote: Jerk Seasoning
    This is good for chicken and pork and fish. It's close to what I'd use off diet but it still tastes good.

Rub:
    1 table spoon thyme
    1 table spoon smoked chilli powder
    1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon of salt
    1/2 teaspoon of allspice
    DH made jerk chicken and used pretty much these spices but then added a little bit of WF maple syrup to make it a glaze and then bbq'd the chicken. It was really, really good
  • Quote: DH made jerk chicken and used pretty much these spices but then added a little bit of WF maple syrup to make it a glaze and then bbq'd the chicken. It was really, really good
    I've used a mix of the WF balsamic and a bit of their ketchup to do essentially the same thing. You can also add a touch of El Yucateco Red Salsa Picante hot sauce for a real kick, but my wife doesn't like that as much as I do.
  • Quote: DH made jerk chicken and used pretty much these spices but then added a little bit of WF maple syrup to make it a glaze and then bbq'd the chicken. It was really, really good
    Yum! I will try this with chicken,