Cold remedy?!

• I'm in Phase 1 and sick. Sore throat, post-nasal drip, fever sick. My usual remedy would be cough syrup, cough drops and tylenol. The sugar-free cough syrup I found has aspartame. The sugar-free ludens throat drops seem safe (but they're not that effective). I'm tired and want to feel better. What do all of you experienced people do?
  • I actually learned a long time ago that all the remedies designed to make us feel better EXTEND the length of a cold.

So, I use them as little as possible, preferring natural "intervention" instead.
    Things like these:
    Gargling with salt water,
    using my neti pot,
    homemade chicken & vegetable soup made from homemade chicken bone broth,
    hot tea (when I'm sick, I make mine from ginger root) or hot lemon water,
    lots of extra vitamin C and some extra D3,
    as many fluids as I can push.
    And then I "give in" and use Nyquil gel caps so I can sleep at nite.
  • I had the same thing last week, I totally went with sucrets and choloroseptic for the sore throat and benedryl (Mine was allergy-related) at night. I didn't worry about the sugar amounts, just kept to my regular diet.

I like breathing WAY more than I dislike being fat. I only had .4lbs lost at the end of the week, but it was still a loss and I eased my symptoms. Now I feel fine. SO......*shrug*, it's a wash, I guess.
  • Quote: I had the same thing last week, I totally went with sucrets and choloroseptic for the sore throat and benedryl (Mine was allergy-related) at night. I didn't worry about the sugar amounts, just kept to my regular diet.

I like breathing WAY more than I dislike being fat. I only had .4lbs lost at the end of the week, but it was still a loss and I eased my symptoms. Now I feel fine. SO......*shrug*, it's a wash, I guess.
    YOU JUST MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD!!!! Lol. You like breathing more than you dislike being fat!!!! THAT RIGHT THERE IS AWESOME!!!!! Bahaha
    I have been sick for over a week now with a cold so I feel your guy's misery and pain. No fun.
    Get better all!