Peanut Butter works to curb appetities

• Bread has been my problem for years now. So I have cut it out as much as I can--and have started eating more "natural" peanut butter to curb my appetite. It keeps you fuller longer and makes for a great snack.

So while most of us have been intimidated by eating peanut butter--here are some great facts related to peanut butter and weight loss--along with it being good for your heart.

So now when I am hungry--I just get some peanut butter--and I feel full--prior to diving into other snacks that don't keep me full.

Quote:
    Dip apple slices in peanut butter
    Spread peanut butter onto a banana cut in half lengthwise
    Have a serving of dry roasted, reduced-salt nuts as a snack
    Spread peanut butter onto celery stalks
    Make your own trail mix with dried fruit and roasted nuts
    Have a peanut butter on whole grain bread for lunch
    Try peanut butter on toast or an English muffin at breakfast
    Spread peanut butter onto reduced-salt saltine crackers or whole wheat crackers
    Try peanut butter spread on tortilla or tortilla chips
    Spread peanut butter onto rice- or popcorn-cakes
    Mix nuts in with air popped or low-fat microwave popcorn
    And here is the article regarding the benefit of peanut butter and weight loss.

http://weightloss.about.com/od/eatsmart/a/blppp.htm
  • Peanut butter is my very most favorite indulgence. A tablespoon on anything or even just by itself. Perfect snack!
  • I just love peanut butter, especially since I was not allowed to have it growing up. Because I was a fat kid, my mother banned PB & J sandwiches.

Now I have them and count my points according to WW. The only challenge I have is controlling the portions!
  • Yum, love peanut butter!!! I also love pecans and cashews. Been thinking about making my own nut butter in the food processor, it's so sweet on its own and doesn't need added sugar or anything.
  • I'm a fan of natural peanut butter.

Regular peanut butter (with added sugar) is the devil.
  • Quote: I'm a fan of natural peanut butter.

Regular peanut butter (with added sugar) is the devil.
    In February of this year, we had a terrible snowstorm and my six year old daughter and I decided to get snowed in with my best friend and her kids. One of the days my daughter asked for a snack, and she chose a banana with peanut butter. I warned her that this peanut butter was different (she has only had natural peanut butter), but she insisted. Her expression of disgust was hilarious.
  • Quote: In February of this year, we had a terrible snowstorm and my six year old daughter and I decided to get snowed in with my best friend and her kids. One of the days my daughter asked for a snack, and she chose a banana with peanut butter. I warned her that this peanut butter was different (she has only had natural peanut butter), but she insisted. Her expression of disgust was hilarious.
    Isn't that funny! It took me a long time to adjust to eating natural pb after years of the sugary stuff. They really do taste like different products. Now I think "regular" pb tastes wrong. It is amazing how our taste buds change.
  • OMG my fave healthier dessert
    I mix up 10g Peanut Butter, a scoop of Sun Warrior chocolate protein powder, crush a few cacao nibs and a titch of Himalayan salt, and add 1/2 a Tbsp coconut syrup and enough water to make a thick paste...It is sooooo good and helps me abstain from regular chocolate and other treats but it is pretty addictive too. I love this way too much and have it every night. I am actually trying to stop having it so much!
  • Tarabella -- that sounds like absolute heaven, but I probably couldn't even keep it in the house!
  • You are so right as usual Mrs Snark, it has to go, all of it. I have more like two or three serves most days and I hate myself for it every time. I can't outrun this amount of food anymore now I have delicate fetus to consider.

(You are my role model at the moment Mrs Snark you give me much hope! I love your blog!)