IP Weekend Chat Sat 10/12 - Sun 10/13/2013

You're on Page 3 of 7
Go to
  • Have a great weekend everyone, and thank you to whoever alerted me to the Nashua Nutrition promo: free shipping over $49 with the coupon code AMERICA, until Tuesday!

Off to the pumpkin festival!!!!!
  • I made the Key Lime Pie, and reviewed it on my blog! Picture as my avatar.
  • Happy Saturday, everyone!

Today is a travel day back home after a full week away on business. I had some challenges but stayed 100% OP. The hardest thing to find in an airport is veggies, so if anyone has any ideas on how to get veggies while flying all day, I'd love to hear them.

Couldn't WI yesterday so I will see what the scale says when I get home.
  • Happy Thanksgiving weekend, Canadian friends!

I hope everyone has a great Saturday!
  • Quote: Happy Saturday, everyone!

Today is a travel day back home after a full week away on business. I had some challenges but stayed 100% OP. The hardest thing to find in an airport is veggies, so if anyone has any ideas on how to get veggies while flying all day, I'd love to hear them.

Couldn't WI yesterday so I will see what the scale says when I get home.
    Hi Docsaver,

One way to get veggies is to make the zucchini muffins. They are easy to carry, and will not cause any problems at security.

Other veggies that travel well are cucumbers (those small 'crunchers' ones that you can just bite, don't even have to slice), peppers (they also sell small one that don't have to be cut, just bite) or pickles (although a bit messier).

Congrats on staying OP despite the travelling!!
  • Quote: Have a great weekend everyone, and thank you to whoever alerted me to the Nashua Nutrition promo: free shipping over $49 with the coupon code AMERICA, until Tuesday!

Off to the pumpkin festival!!!!!
    which products on that site are IP compatible? I have all IP stuff but could use a little more variety
  • Happy Saturday afternoon everyone

Well today my stress level has come down ALOT. My parents purchased a home, dad went to pick out siding and the company told him that the house they selected would NOT have any of the ceiling finished?! WTH>???!!! It would cost an extra $20K to have the ceiling finsish --oye vey--

So dad told them he needs a house ready to move into NOW, they found him another house and knocked $5K off of it for him. SO now house #2 is confirmed and will be delivered by or before thanksgiving **phew**

Since they got what they could from the ins. things are moving slowly along.

And I did loose that extra 0.2lbs I gained and an extra ROFL. So I am 217 even
  • Quote: which products on that site are IP compatible? I have all IP stuff but could use a little more variety
    SarahBell, Here is a link the thread with the alternative products. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html Search on the thread for Protithin and Protidiet--these products are on the Nashua site. My box of goodies arrived today from them! Dee
  • I just wanted to say thanks for the encouraging words to all you great chicks! It is nice to share my worries in such a supportive environment. You all echo what I truly know in my heart, but sometimes it is nice to be reminded that we can do this.
  • Quote: Happy Saturday afternoon everyone

Well today my stress level has come down ALOT. My parents purchased a home, dad went to pick out siding and the company told him that the house they selected would NOT have any of the ceiling finished?! WTH>???!!! It would cost an extra $20K to have the ceiling finsish --oye vey--

So dad told them he needs a house ready to move into NOW, they found him another house and knocked $5K off of it for him. SO now house #2 is confirmed and will be delivered by or before thanksgiving **phew**

Since they got what they could from the ins. things are moving slowly along.

And I did loose that extra 0.2lbs I gained and an extra ROFL. So I am 217 even
    Breathe honey! The stress is making you hold water...you are probably burning more..much more than the scale will show for another week or longer!

Hope it all continues to unfold in a manner that is at least tolerable. The whole thing stinks. You and they are real troopers...blessings and good thoughts to get it all settled...and allow healing and getting on with what matters now.
  • Quote: I just wanted to say thanks for the encouraging words to all you great chicks! It is nice to share my worries in such a supportive environment. You all echo what I truly know in my heart, but sometimes it is nice to be reminded that we can do this.
    You have paid your dues...
    In support of everyone and sharing so much good info!
  • Quote: Breathe honey! The stress is making you hold water...you are probably burning more..much more than the scale will show for another week or longer!

Hope it all continues to unfold in a manner that is at least tolerable. The whole thing stinks. You and they are real troopers...blessings and good thoughts to get it all settled...and allow healing and getting on with what matters now.
    I am taking deep breaths today. Yesterday I was a sobbing bawling mess- ok all week

BUT talking to my dad today made me feel better much better. Next weekend we are going down for a visit, so we can just try to have fun LOL.

Pick out appliances ect. I hope to drop 2 or 3 lbs this week by Friday. My stress will be over when the house is brought in on the foundation and they are moved back in!!!
  • Quote: I am taking deep breaths today. Yesterday I was a sobbing bawling mess- ok all week

BUT talking to my dad today made me feel better much better. Next weekend we are going down for a visit, so we can just try to have fun LOL.

Pick out appliances ect. I hope to drop 2 or 3 lbs this week by Friday. My stress will be over when the house is brought in on the foundation and they are moved back in!!!
    Good!! It's really hard when things happen and you feel like you want..or need "to parent" your parents! It's probably pay back for all they put up with raising us through our teen years! {LOL...Now my kids have to worry about paying me back....(second daughter was "difficult"...and I'm being nice in describing her!}
  • Hello again! Just home from my first official exercise since starting IP in May. Cycled 8.2 to the beach and back and felt awesome. I have been missing exercise in my life soooooooo much that I decided all the stress from studying and such was counterproductive. So I went through all my exercise clothes, added the ones that don't fit to the GW pile and put on my bike shorts and still sort of fit, some rainbow socks and jumped on my bike. I think I had a grin on my face from ear to ear coasting down to the shore. I spent some time there, watching the waves on the cold beach, enjoying the fall chill and thinking about my friends doing Ironman. Then pedaled home, uphill.

It was truly amazing. Easier with 60# less on my body and bike. I had a little headache, but think it might be due to the cold air and speed/vibrations. Time for a shower and then back to the books.

Be well all!
  • Quote: I made the Key Lime Pie, and reviewed it on my blog! Picture as my avatar.
    LittleStar,
    I read your review with great excitement...was hoping it would turn out fabulously. What if you used zucchini with cinnamon, splenda and stevia, maybe a dash of Torani Caramel syrup to make a filling...and then use the maple oatmeal crust...

I appreciate your culinary curiosity and look forward to reading more recipe reviews on your blog.
    Chloe