What Are You Reading - October

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I noticed that we don't have one of these yet... So here it is!

What are you reading in October?
  • Currently Reading:
    Of Poseidon by Anna Banks

Already Read:
    The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
    The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson
    Iced by Karen Marie Moning
    Carrie by Stephen King
    Faery Tales & Nightmares by Melissa Marr
    Goddess of Light by P.C. Cast
  • I am currently reading

Room by Emma Donoghue

A song of Ice and Fire book 3 Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin

The Lord of the Rings book 1 Fellowship of the Rings by J R R Tolkien

(posted in the order I hope to finish them)

I also read whatever my students are reading (Grade 12 English teacher)
    So for OCtober we will finish "The Pearl" by John Steinbeck and start "1984" by George Orwell
  • Still plodding through Inferno by Dan Brown. I'm enjoying it, just can't read for too long at a time due to a tooth infection.
  • Quote: Still plodding through Inferno by Dan Brown. I'm enjoying it, just can't read for too long at a time due to a tooth infection.
    Ooh, my parents bought me that book for my birthday this summer... I am hoping to get into it when I go home for Christmas!
  • Quote: Currently Reading:
    Iced by Karen Marie Moning
    Excited to find another Fever-fan!

I'm currently reading the 5th book in Jordan's Wheel of Time series (I have no idea what the name is...). I also have Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn waiting for this weekend.
  • Lately I've been burning through books like I used to do when I was younger. I read 8 full books last month alone. I get into kicks where I read a lot for a month or two, then I take a break for a month or two.

I read Carrie in one day. Wanted to read it before the new movie comes out.

staja - I absolutely love it. I read the first 5 books last month. I now own 4 out of 7 and I'm working on getting the others.
  • I'm finishing up The Last Runaway by Tracy Chevalier and listening to the audiobook version of Thud! by Terry Pratchett.
  • Currently reading trashy romance - Bad Rep. Feeling guilty about it... Plan to re-read Pride& Prejudice next.
  • I'm reading 'And the Mountains Echoed' by Khaled Hosseini.
  • Quote: I'm reading 'And the Mountains Echoed' by Khaled Hosseini.
    Oh, I loved A Thousand Splendid Suns by Mr. Hosseini, I'll have to put this novel on my to-read list. Are you enjoying it so far?
  • I just started The Yonalohosee Riding Camp for Girls, I like it.

Staja- please let us know what you think of Gone Girl! I am intrigued by it, I don't know if it is dark or grim though?
  • Quote: Oh, I loved A Thousand Splendid Suns by Mr. Hosseini, I'll have to put this novel on my to-read list. Are you enjoying it so far?
    I'm done with three chapters so far and I love it. I've read some reviews where people have said that it's not as great as the first or even second book but to be honest, I think it's hard to top The Kite Runner. But it's definitely worth the read so far.
  • Quote: I'm done with three chapters so far and I love it. I've read some reviews where people have said that it's not as great as the first or even second book but to be honest, I think it's hard to top The Kite Runner. But it's definitely worth the read so far.
    I haven't read Kite Runner yet either so that makes two on my to-read list! Thank you for your initial impression, LadyPetite.
  • Just finished John Grisham book, "The Testament", then "Martin the Mouse Warrior"

Now the "Yada Yada Prayer group"

I randomly read whatever.

I do favor Steven King, and John G. But also like true crime stories, and spy stuff.

The Martin Mouse was a whim, but a good read!

The Yada Yada prayer book, while out of the norm for me, is turning out to be a good read.

On the other hand, the "New rules of lifting" in several versions, I've read and done the programs.

Not real picky, but it has to move, and keep me interested, and not get to complicated. And romance books, let's change hair color, country of origin, pirate, soldier, whatever, over all that drivel.