What is my breakfast missing

• Hey everyone I eat breakfast at 10:30 or 11 and I'm trying to stay full until 2.my breakfast right now is yogurt 2 clementines and I want to add 2 hard boiled eggs.ive tried oatmeal but I'm still always hungry by 12 or 1
  • The yogurt and clementines are both loaded with sugar and I would likely be pretty hungry too! Why not try a breakfast sandwich, an omelette with plenty of veggies, maybe some meat?

I like to eat foods that aren't typically eaten for breakfast like lettuce wrapped "sandwiches" or a cup of homemade soup, or even sardines!
  • Greek yogurt is supposed to be a good breakfast and I read clementines are good for weightloss
  • I've been making myself baked egg cups for a healthy and protein filled breakfast, recently. For the next few days, I have spinach, feta, and olive egg cups. I eat them at 8 am, and then at 12:30, I'm not ravenously hungry

Other than that, I also do a lot of non-breakfasty foods. I love turkey sandwiches, leftovers from dinner, sometimes even soup, as Munchy suggested. For me, though, the key is protein and fat to feel full longer.
  • My guess is you need to cut the sugar and have your breakfast focused around protein and fat.

Yogurt, cereal, toast, all leave me floundering for food by 10am because it spikes my blood sugar immediate after eating and then I crash. Whereas if I eat 3 hardboiled eggs for breakfast I'm good until noon.
  • You need fiber! Personally, I have a large bowl of high fiber cereal every morning (with half a grapefruit, some Greek yogurt, and 2 slices of turkey) and I'm losing weight like crazy! Or add some whole wheat toast with your eggs. You could also benefit from some meat, which will help curb your appetite. Try a couple of slices of turkey or Canadian bacon.

The main thing is that you're not eating enough. Breakfast needs to be your biggest meal of the day. Make it big, but make sure it's all good food (no junk).
  • I like oatmeal with a low carb yogurt mixed in with either a healthy trail mix or almonds mixed in. It tends to keep me full for a few hours. Bu I almost always eat a snack between breakfast and lunch.

I also really love salad for breakfast.

I also drink a ton of water too
  • Quote: You need fiber! Personally, I have a large bowl of high fiber cereal every morning (with half a grapefruit, some Greek yogurt, and 2 slices of turkey) and I'm losing weight like crazy! Or add some whole wheat toast with your eggs. You could also benefit from some meat, which will help curb your appetite. Try a couple of slices of turkey or Canadian bacon.

The main thing is that you're not eating enough. Breakfast needs to be your biggest meal of the day. Make it big, but make sure it's all good food (no junk).
    I couldn't disagree more lol. It just goes to show you that different things work for different people.

I am now actually in the habit of skipping breakfast several times a week (I'm doing intermittent fasting). You kind of get used to it after a while and saves a lot of calories that I can tack on to my other meals.

If I do eat breakfast it's protein. Eggs, veggies, yogurt, or left overs.

What I would never do is eat carbs. If I have a trace of carbs at breakfast I'm hungry an hour later and reaching for... you guessed it.... more carbs.

Cereal is like a 4-letter word in my house. There are only 2 cereals on the market that do not contain sugar, (grape nuts and shredded wheat), the rest of that long huge aisle is all sugar, it's basically like eating donuts.
  • i always feel lie it's protein that keeps me satisfied longer, not fiber I'm backing EagleRiver Dee. I like making veggie omelets for breaky at work.

If you're eating at 10, you don't have to limit yourself to regular breakfast foods either, you could have a "lunchy" item.