Motivation comes sometimes in sad ways...

• I have been struggling with motivation for a few weeks. I am losing, as of today I am down 60 lbs and 1/3 of the way to goal. Today I finished day 2 of c25k at 1.5 miles in 30 minutes, not great but better than day 1. So even with all of this success I was having trouble with the way I was looking. All deflated it was making me feel completely deflated.

Today on my way home from work, my hubs sent me a text, his friend, teacher and mentor in Art School died this morning suddenly from a brain aneurysm. Now I know there are usually no indicators for something like that, but it really put everything into perspective.

So I got home, put on my big girls, hit the gym, plugged into Lady Gaga and Katy Perry, and ran my *** off. I am seriously done with this fat out of shape crap. I have four months until I am on WW for a year, that's 4 months to hit 100 lbs down. Everything can be over tomorrow, so I want to spend each tomorrow that I have left being as healthy as possible.
  • I am so sorry for the loss of your DH's friend. I applaud you for your determination.

I lost my brother when he was only 48 years old. He was morbidly obese.
    I try to keep motivated by remembering him. It is a big wake up call and a very hard lesson to learn.
  • Oh that's sad....sorry to hear that. It is so true how quickly everything can be taken away. I will be thinking of this today
  • Yes, it is sad. But at least if it's used as in a positive way, it's less of a waste.
  • I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's friend.

We need to be good to ourselves NOW. Take care of ourselves NOW. Be kind to ourselves (and others!) NOW. Enjoy life NOW. You never know what the next moment will bring.
  • Quote: I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's friend.

We need to be good to ourselves NOW. Take care of ourselves NOW. Be kind to ourselves (and others!) NOW. Enjoy life NOW. You never know what the next moment will bring.
    Yep, yep and more yep
  • Hugs

Congrats on your weight loss so far
  • I'm so sorry about your loss ... and proud of you for doing something constructive with the pain. You are an inspiration!
  • Sorry for the loss. It does put life in perspective.
  • My uncle is in very bad health and i am only 23 years younger. Sometimes perspective can be very motivating.
  • I am sorry to hear abt your loss as well. Thats the one thing I think abt is dying before I am able to enjoy myself at a normal weight a weight where I am comfortable, confident with myself a weight where I am able to let the real me shine through and not hidden by these layers of fat that I put on trying to hide . I dnt care what anyone says there is some invisibility in being big no matter how big you are. Your inner you is hiding. Im ready to get rid of that. I want to enjoy lofe to the fullest. Life is too short we never know when it is our time to go. I appluad you for taking the negativity and turn it into a positive. Good for you!