Who started August 2013? Part II :)

You're on Page 5 of 34
Go to
  • Well, I am off this weekend to visit our son at college and take him out to dinner and grocery shopping. It should be interesting because this 19 year old sweetie is the one who inspired me as he has lost over 100 pounds.

AND in addition to that, he is doing an internship in sports conditioning and rehab, going to study to be a registered dietician, runs the college Cross Fit gym and more. So it should be easy to eat right in front of him because he knows where I am coming from.

Wonder if a kid will notice Mom is -29 (maybe -30! by then?)?
  • Quote: Well, I am off this weekend to visit our son at college and take him out to dinner and grocery shopping. It should be interesting because this 19 year old sweetie is the one who inspired me as he has lost over 100 pounds.

AND in addition to that, he is doing an internship in sports conditioning and rehab, going to study to be a registered dietician, runs the college Cross Fit gym and more. So it should be easy to eat right in front of him because he knows where I am coming from.

Wonder if a kid will notice Mom is -29 (maybe -30! by then?)?
    Good for him! That's got to be so inspiring for you and must make you feel good that he has gotten healthy while still a teenager.

Congratulations on the -30 (I'm sure it will be by then!)
  • Glad to report that I am not as hungry today (day 2 of getting back on P1) and the headache is gone! Whoo! Feeling much better today- I CAN DO THIS! Still up around 7lbs...but I am not going to get too mad about it...I fluctuate like 4-5lbs daily anyway so just going to give it some time. I know the scale will drop as I continue to be on P1 again! Good job for those of us who made it through challenging times! We rock! Have a fabulous day everyone!

I feel so behind on here from missing a week! So many threads and posts to go through! Ack! Maybe one of these days I will get around to it!

Oh, I forgot to mention tomorrow is my Birthday! Turning 29. Not doing anything special...will celebrate officially on the weekend. I am going to make myself some low carb chocolate cupcakes. I ordered the mix off of lowcarbgrocery.com! No cheating for this gal!
  • Had my WI this morning and down 4 pounds. Coach said that was fine but I see so many have dropped more. I am down 18 pounds but really dissapointed that it was not 20 or 25 : ( I am 100 OP

WI's 5/6/3/4

How can I kick it up a notch?
    I really thought 1st month would be big weight loss and the following months slow down.
  • My Coach
    Quote: Ok so I am wondering what is the "normal" practice for coaches. How long do your weigh in meetings last? Do you get measured each week? I feel very rushed through mine, like it's just about the money I am going to spend on the products and not about coaching. I learn much more here. Just curious if maybe I am expecting too much and what my coach does is the norm. Feedback....
    Kellimomo3,

My Coach goes through my book, says nice job, do you have any questions, measures me, I get my food and leave. 15 minutes
  • Quote: Had my WI this morning and down 4 pounds. Coach said that was fine but I see so many have dropped more. I am down 18 pounds but really dissapointed that it was not 20 or 25 : ( I am 100 OP

WI's 5/6/3/4

I really thought 1st month would be big weight loss and the following months slow down.
    18 pounds in four weeks IS a big deal! IMO. We are roughly the same size/height I didn't hit the 20lb mark until my fifth week. Hang in there with me and we will make it. turtle and hare, ya know?

I see some other numbers too and have a little envy, but I didn't get like this overnight and I know that this will take a while. I can only do this as best as *I* can do it!

Congrats btw!
  • Also had weigh in today and down 4 pounds. I know how you feel being dissappointed and see others results. On the other hand I have experienced no loss at all at WI. So I will be happy with 4. Hang in there- there will be highs and lows. Just keep going!!
  • Wi
    Quote: Also had weigh in today and down 4 pounds. I know how you feel being dissappointed and see others results. On the other hand I have experienced no loss at all at WI. So I will be happy with 4. Hang in there- there will be highs and lows. Just keep going!!
    MsKitty,

Thank you, for the reply. I was tempted to call it good and go off of the program. I will commit to another month and see if it picks up a bit.

Good job on the 4 pounds down!
  • Quote: Had my WI this morning and down 4 pounds. Coach said that was fine but I see so many have dropped more. I am down 18 pounds but really dissapointed that it was not 20 or 25 : ( I am 100 OP

WI's 5/6/3/4
    My WI's are very similar to yours, too. Chin up! Hopefully we will both hit 20 lbs at next WI! And 18 lbs is AMAZING!!!

Keep it up!
  • Quote: My WI's are very similar to yours, too. Chin up! Hopefully we will both hit 20 lbs at next WI! And 18 lbs is AMAZING!!!

Keep it up!
    ReenHag,

I agree! Let's hit the 20! Thank you, for your uplifting post!

We can do it!

WI's 5/6/3/4

You are doing great! Look at it this way: Could you have lost 18 lbs. on Weight Watchers? Or any other diet? Nope! And you are probably down several inches too, which is just as important as the number on the scale. Don't be discouraged -- it's not a competition and you are doing GREAT!

WI's 5/6/3/4

We are on same pace and I really see the 17 lbs I lost in 4 weeks as amazing. Before IP I was on one diet after another only to gain 10 lbs. I have my 5 wk WI tomorrow and don't expect much loss mainly because I didn't get my veggies or supplements in and I did have a few cups of SmartPop peppered popcorn @ 35 calories per cup (yum). I think you r doing great!
  • Hi everyone! I started IP on aug 25! So far going pretty well, although the water part is a challenge. Down 3 lbs, 0lbs, 9 lbs and 2 lbs, at my 4 weigh ins. Really excited about the support here!
  • Quote: I was tempted to call it good and go off of the program. I will commit to another month and see if it picks up a bit.
    Hey! NO DROP OUTS in the "Augusters" Class! Just get it out of your mind. You are doing GREAT. But you will only CONTINUE to do great if you STICK WITH IT! Come on.......turn that self-defeating self-talk off and GO FOR IT! Repeat after me ....."I WILL STICK WITH IT AND I WILL REACH MY GOAL!"

• Hi, Zictory75!

I see you're near the Finger Lakes. I love that area! Welcome, and good luck on your journey with IP.