cheat meals for phase 4? When?

• When you start maintenance (phase 4) how long should you wait till you can have full blown "cheat days" ? I'm planning to just have only little cheat meals on the Saturdays of the first 2-3 weeks so i can get adjusted to it then after those weeks im gonna plan to have regular cheat days where i have 1-3 cheat meals ( of course i'll keep them leveled & not have BIG cheat meals lol)

i've also read here that some people have cheat weekends instead of just one day? Which would you say is better? (:
  • Quote: When you start maintenance (phase 4) how long should you wait till you can have full blown "cheat days" ? I'm planning to just have only little cheat meals on the Saturdays of the first 2-3 weeks so i can get adjusted to it then after those weeks im gonna plan to have regular cheat days where i have 1-3 cheat meals ( of course i'll keep them leveled & not have BIG cheat meals lol)

i've also read here that some people have cheat weekends instead of just one day? Which would you say is better? (:
    I think IP calls them fun days.
    "Cheat" indicates you are doing something wrong. But it is part of the plan!

Most of our successful maintainers eased into those days or meals, treading lightly. Don't forget to plan a P1 day immediately following to balance insulin. There is a maintainers thread where your question may be better seen/answered.
  • Quote: I think IP calls them fun days.
    "Cheat" indicates you are doing something wrong. But it is part of the plan!

Most of our successful maintainers eased into those days or meals, treading lightly. Don't forget to plan a P1 day immediately following to balance insulin. There is a maintainers thread where your question may be better seen/answered.
    Well yes that's what i meant! I don't plan to go all out but i'm planning to keep it leveled to just kill my cravings and for psychological reasons. & yes i know i have to plan a phase 1 day after so the fat doesn't get stored. One question though, when can i have these "fun days"? RIGHT when i start phase 4? or should i wait a little longer before i can have them?

And CONGRATS on your journey btw. i see in your pics that you have lost A LOT of weight.
  • I plan to "ease" into them.

I've heard from others that it can be difficult to reign it in and I know for some, one "fun day" turns into multiple "fun days."
  • I had my first fun meal at the end of my first week of P4, and I have had one most weeks since then (early June). I recommend keeping it to a meal rather than a full day.
  • Quote: I had my first fun meal at the end of my first week of P4, and I have had one most weeks since then (early June). I recommend keeping it to a meal rather than a full day.
    Did you gain weight after your fun day that you weren't able to get off?
  • Quote: Did you gain weight after your fun day that you weren't able to get off?
    When the fun day was one meal and still somewhat portion controlled, I had no difficulty with weight. I was usually only half a pound up the next morning. I did a P1 day and was back to where I wanted to be. With more carbs or a fun lunch that expanded to dinner, I would be up more and it was not as easy to get back down with just a P1 day. I eat mostly P3 in maintenance with some occasional added fat at lunch (salad dressing or cheese) and added carbs at dinner. More carbs at dinner is rare. I will eat a larger quantity of vegetables usually.