Increased Acne?

• Is anyone else seeing an increased of acne? I mean here I am 33 years old and I'm breaking out like a teenager! Any solutions? I have a good skn care routine, and was relatively clear skinned before.
  • I think this is only temporary and once you've been settled on IP a bit longer, your skin will be better than ever. That's how it was for me. I have very sensitive skin, being a redhead, and the change in diet really affected my skin and hair in the beginning. Now I get compliments on my skin and can't remember the last pimple I had. Keep up the water intake to keep your skin flushed, and I think you will clear up soon.
  • yes big painful ones and canka sores in my mouth (never in my life have I had those in my mouth)
  • Quote: I think this is only temporary and once you've been settled on IP a bit longer, your skin will be better than ever. That's how it was for me. I have very sensitive skin, being a redhead, and the change in diet really affected my skin and hair in the beginning. Now I get compliments on my skin and can't remember the last pimple I had. Keep up the water intake to keep your skin flushed, and I think you will clear up soon.
    That's wonderful to hear! I going to attempted to up my water intake today. I've barely been getting the minimum
  • Quote: Is anyone else seeing an increased of acne? I mean here I am 33 years old and I'm breaking out like a teenager! Any solutions? I have a good skn care routine, and was relatively clear skinned before.
    I agree with other posters- my skin broke out a lot at the beginning, but calmed down after a while. I still have terrible breakouts during TOM.

I've started using a Philosophy product called Clear Days Ahead with salicylic acid and it definitely helped, so you might want to try a product with that ingredient in the meantime. I did try a few other things with benzyl peroxide and it really dried out my skin and made it a red, blotchy, broken out mess, so you might want to avoid that ingredient (of course everyone's skin is different, so you never know!)
  • I've heard that is a sign of detox, your body is flushing out all the crap stored inside. I always get break outs (in my 30's) if I eat a lot of junk with sugar/dairy. It should clear up, I would drink more water.
  • Quote: I've heard that is a sign of detox, your body is flushing out all the crap stored inside. I always get break outs (in my 30's) if I eat a lot of junk with sugar/dairy. It should clear up, I would drink more water.
    I agree with this, I had some increase in the early weeks, I just assumed it was the toxins coming out through my skin. Seems like I haven't had anything since those first few weeks. Usually get one or two around TOM and I just realized none this last time for sure! Yay.