Meal Prep

• So, I am beginning tomorrow, and I was curious whether it would be good to prep my drinks/shakes the night before so I can just grab and go out of the fridge in the morning, or if that is a bad idea?
    Any suggestions?
  • I would mix
    I have been on this for one week and I think I like things freshly mixed - but I find somethings that I would like colder. It really takes NO time to mix it up in the mixer cup, and it does not make that much noise. I don't think there is a wrong answer. Good luck!
  • Try one fresh and one mixed before and then decide!
  • I've found the shakes tend to separate when left for awhile, so I would go for fresh. Nice fresh chocolate shake over ice....mmmm.
  • Personally, I prefer the pudding mixes made into shakes. I think they are much richer & the drink mixes thinner. I blend mine fresh. First mixing in the shaker cup then pouring over ice in the blender
  • Quote: Personally, I prefer the pudding mixes made into shakes. I think they are much richer & the drink mixes thinner. I blend mine fresh. First mixing in the shaker cup then pouring over ice in the blender
    Before IP I was never a smoothie or shake drinker. When I blend with ice I find everything turns into a foam. It in no way resembles a shake or even a smoothie. (and I burb like crazy after drinking one! There is SO MUCH AIR!)

I must be blending wrong?!?!?! (I never would have guessed that there is a right or wrong way to blend!

I generally add the water, packet and ice (usually frozen coffee from the ice cube tray) all right in the blender. And blend into a foamshake. smh
  • Quote: Before IP I was never a smoothie or shake drinker. When I blend with ice I find everything turns into a foam. It in no way resembles a shake or even a smoothie. (and I burb like crazy after drinking one! There is SO MUCH AIR!)

I must be blending wrong?!?!?! (I never would have guessed that there is a right or wrong way to blend!

I generally add the water, packet and ice (usually frozen coffee from the ice cube tray) all right in the blender. And blend into a foamshake. smh
    Try blending the packet and water first then adding the ice. Use the frappe setting on your blender if it has one. You'll get smoother texture. Maybe let it settle for a few mins before you drink.
  • Quote: Try blending the packet and water first then adding the ice. Use the frappe setting on your blender if it has one. You'll get smoother texture. Maybe let it settle for a few mins before you drink.
    Thanks! Do you mix the packet with the correct amount of water first (like the whole 7 oz for a shake) first? I tried that a couple of different ways - with 7-8 oz combo of water and ice or with the correct amount of water plus additional ice. Either way I had foam - hmm maybe it's just my blender.

ETA - By the way - even with the 8oz of ice/water combo, it gets BIG. I need a huge Iced tea glass to drink it all. It's seriously foamy. It fills up the entire hopper of my normal sized blender.
  • I fill the shaker bottle with the water the night before, and keep it in the fridge so it's nice and cold. Then I just add the drink packet when I'm ready for it. Works great! I need to play more with blending them. I haven't had great success, too foamy.
  • Which chocolate puddings taste better, the dark or light chocolates. Have not tried them yet. Getting tired of what I'm eating, gotta shake it up a little.
  • Quote: Which chocolate puddings taste better, the dark or light chocolates. Have not tried them yet. Getting tired of what I'm eating, gotta shake it up a little.
    I love the dark chocolate with a tablespoon of WF caramel syrup and a sprinkle of sea salt!
  • Quote: I love the dark chocolate with a tablespoon of WF caramel syrup and a sprinkle of sea salt!
    Thanks for the tip, IP Newbie, sounds delish. I'm definitely in a rut and trying to find ways to change up my breakfasts.
  • Quote: Try blending the packet and water first then adding the ice. Use the frappe setting on your blender if it has one. You'll get smoother texture. Maybe let it settle for a few mins before you drink.
    I tried this today. MUCH better results! Thanks! No foam at all, it wasn't really think but it was icy and cold and fit in a regular glass! No foam!