Minniest of Mini Goals

• I know this is a really tiny thing for many of you awesome people who have already lost some weight, but I just had to be proud of myself somewhere

About a 8 days ago I started doing some light exercise in my house by jogging in place on and off for 20 minutes. I could barely jog for more than 1 minute at a time because my shins started getting this sharp pain and I had to stop (hence the on and off). Since then I went for a brisk 3km walk almost every day. Today I couldn't go out so I decided to do the jogging in place thing. To my delight, I found it so much easier and not only did I do the jogging for 20 minutes only stopping a couple of times, I also added 100 squats.

I don't know whether it's only in my head that it's easier since I started so recently or whether I'm actually getting used to it a little.

Since I haven't lost any weight (I haven't really adjusted my diet too much so I didn't expect it to move much) this is a little victory for me that is going to keep me pumped to go on
  • Good for you!!!!!
  • It all starts with setting mini goals! Good for you keep it up! You will work your way up to bigger goals in no time!
  • I think that you accomplished a lot! Great job!
  • Most excellent! I don't start until Sept 5, but I have started drinking water and I am going to start walking today!
  • Hardly the "Minniest of Mini Goals" in my eyes - I think you've taken a huge leap forward. Keep going!
  • Walking
    You inspired me! I did my first 20 minute walk. I went around the neighborhood and noted the house where I stopped. Hopefully, like you, I will find that my stamina increases.
  • Excellent! Keep it up and you'll get stronger and stronger by the week.
  • Thanks.You guys are really encouraging
  • Getting up and getting moving is a HUGE success -- and seeing changes so rapidly is empowering. Good for you!
  • Fantastic! It is making these daily mini-goals that adds up to long-term success! GREAT JOB!