Meal timing to manage blood sugar

• I read an article about a new study that came out about meal timing. Not necessarily about when to eat, but which meal needs to be the biggest meal and which one needs to be the smallest. You can read it here. In a second study, they found eating a bigger breakfast and a smaller dinner helped specifically with insulin resistance and improved ovulation rates.

I'm going to test this out for the next 12 weeks. I normally make dinner my biggest meal, but I have always struggled with high morning blood sugar numbers. Actually, I eat more over a longer period of time, while breakfast is usually quite small. This article has given me the motivation to switch my biggest meal to breakfast and taper calories down towards a small dinner. I'll post my results here weekly.
  • Keep us posted!

A.
  • I have found cutting out carbs at dinner helps too. So my breakfast/lunch has some good carbs, but then afternoon usually has less.
  • Beerab, that hasn't been my experience. I seem to be able to eat more carbs later in the day. Not too much, but some. And I need to keep a lid on how much protein I have later in the day too. It all contributes to my high morning blood sugar the next day.

So far, I'm struggling with making dinner small. I do like a good hearty dinner before bed!