Introduction

• Hey everyone,

My name is Justin. I am a husband and father of a nearly 6 month old daughter named Lydia.

I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis just over 2 years ago and have had quite a struggle with the disease.

My hardest point was when I was put on a high dose of prednisione. Here is where my weight came into play. I gained nearly 60 lbs in a very short amount of time. Just over 3 months ago my doctor told me I had a fatty liver. After doing some blood tests they found I had extremely elevated ALT and AST numbers and he was concerned, so we did an ultrasound which basically showed him I had 'Foie Gras.' I don't know about you but I refuse to have a delicacy as part of my anatomy.

Now, I am off the prednisone and on my way to losing all the weight and I have an aggressive goal to get back down to my best weight ever!

I started Weight Watchers with my wife back in May and since then I have already lost 25lbs! I have seen a huge change in how I look, feel, dress, and how much I can eat. I crave better food and haven't felt this healthy in a long time. The next best thing, as of last Friday, I have completely lost my delicacy and am back to normal ALT and AST digits, not to mention they are the lowest they have ever been (within the safe range)!

I am super excited and look forward to learning more about weight loss, and hopefully I can help encourage people with my success thus far.

• Hi Justin! I am so happy for the good outcome to your experience! Congrats on the 25-lb loss and the improved health! That is just fantastic! You'll find lots of support here to help you get back to the weight you want to be, so browse around and jump right in! If you haven't already, be sure to check out the Weight Watchers forum, as well as the men's support group! Good luck!
  • Welcome, Justin!

It sounds like you are doing great! I know my DH has had problems with a hugely increased appetite on prednisone, too. What great news that you've got everything under control again.

I look forward to seeing you around