New Around Here

• Hello, everyone!

I've never been on this website, so I'm not even sure that I'm doing this thing right, but I just really feel like writing now, so here we go!

I'm 20 and I weigh 190 lbs. I've always been large, and it's always bothered me, but I have an extremely unhealthy relationship with food. I maintain a pretty healthy diet when I'm in control of it, but I go on binges quite often. Like I said before, I've wanted to lose weight for a long time (almost as long as I can remember) but I've been mostly unsuccessful. My heaviest was about 217, but through some healthy habits and going to college (an environment wherein I was more in control of my diet and schedule), I got down to my lowest, 175. My weight has crept back up lately due to many factors, including a bit of depression, which made it impossible to get up the energy to exercise and made bingeing a regular occurrence.

So, what brought me to this point? Bikinis. I don't think I have ever worn one, and I'm sick of being left out of the experience. I don't want to be a fat chick in a bikini; I recognize that, physically, I can wear one any time I like, but I want to look good in one. Of course, I want to feel better and healthier, but the bikini thing seems to be sticking in my mind, so I'm going to go with it!

Okay, so that was my first post. Hope it made sense.

Crystal
  • Hi Crystal! There are lots of forums, sub-forums, and threads to see here. Some are more active than others, but you are welcome to post in any of them! So browse around, and jump right in! Be sure to check out the 20-somethings under Support Groups. Good luck! You can do it, so get ready for that bikini!
  • Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
  • Sounds like you've got confidence and motivation!
    There are many challenges/accountability threads on this site (not sure which ones would interest you, but there's one for binge eating under the "chicks up for a challenge" thread, and there's always ones that have you set a goal weight for the next holiday and everyone works towards their goals together). Keep looking around for what's going to help you