New Me

• So after a year if contemplation and watching friends with their successes I'm finally jumping in and taking the plunge! I'm doing it with all alternatives which also freaks me out - THANK God for this forum. Still trying to find lunch alternatives and ideas .. feel free to chime in
  • I poured through the alternative threads today and I have the same questions...

I found great alt. to the bars and shakes.. but I am also looking for soups and maybe something 'warm' to eat.. lol

Good luck on going full alt. ! Many do it here and do it well!
  • Quote: I poured through the alternative threads today and I have the same questions...

I found great alt. to the bars and shakes.. but I am also looking for soups and maybe something 'warm' to eat.. lol

Good luck on going full alt. ! Many do it here and do it well!
    Yea! something hot would be nice - I was confused about the lunch portion, but read the "What are you eating section and got a better idea of what lunch is comprised of. My friend did strictly shakes and bars .. I'd get bored with that and prob cheat so being able to substitute it for egg whites or another soruce of protein really helps with variety ..

Thanks for the well wishes - same to u!
  • I believe some people use egg beaters as an alternative, and you can always heat up your cold favorites! I drink my light choco muscle milk hot (and in coffee) every morning
  • With fall/winter coming fast I was looking into the alt. soups.. but couldn't find any that gave me enough protein as the IP ones.. guess I could add protein powder.. not super sure about those either, but that for another day of searching i guess!
  • Quote: With fall/winter coming fast I was looking into the alt. soups.. but couldn't find any that gave me enough protein as the IP ones.. guess I could add protein powder.. not super sure about those either, but that for another day of searching i guess!
    I used ProtiDiet soups, got them from nashua nutrtion.com. Added my veggies to them.

D
  • Quote: With fall/winter coming fast I was looking into the alt. soups.. but couldn't find any that gave me enough protein as the IP ones.. guess I could add protein powder.. not super sure about those either, but that for another day of searching i guess!
    Good morning all! Frosty, Soup recipes are available on another members board.."Evepet" who has moved on to mostly the maintenance phase these days but I really enjoy her posts when she does occasionally visit us! She has a bog diettalktoday. She used mostly alternatives and developed her own soup recipes using real food and protein powder. I discovered them right as the weather got hot...and did not try them but plan to once the cool weather arrives. I find the IP soups too salty for my tase, and her broccoli soup sounds fantastic! If you try them first...let me know what you think!
    Both ProtiDiet and ProtiThin have soup that line up with IPs Protein requirements for a packet. So do Health Smart and Weight Loss Systems
  • Check evepet's posts, usually in the maintenance or reboot threads. At the bottom of her posts is a link to her blog.

She made soups using protein powders and put the recipes she worked out there. I found them very tasty.
  • Quote: I believe some people use egg beaters as an alternative, and you can always heat up your cold favorites! I drink my light choco muscle milk hot (and in coffee) every morning
    Thats a great idea!! Thanks hun!