Almost Cheated yesterday.....

• I have learned through the dieting process that I am an emotional eater. When I get upset I want to eat junk. Well I had a bad day yesterday and was so ready to just throw in the towel and eat a burger and fries. I jumped in my car and was driving to get the food while nearly crying at the same time from the guilt Then it hit me and I knew that it was my emotions and that I was way stronger and I turned my car around went home and ate my IP approved dinner and felt like a million bucks.
  • Way to go the I bet the victory "tastes" better that the burger and fries would have.
  • Whoo-hoo!!!
    A million bucks feeling is way better than the "i hate myself for eating this" feeling!
  • Way to go! Being self aware and realizing the triggers is a huge victory. I recently picked up this book: 50 Ways to Soothe Yourself Without Food by Susan Albers PsyD and it is a goldmine for emotional eaters.
  • Thanks everyone!
  • MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH! Congrats to you
  • Quote: I have learned through the dieting process that I am an emotional eater. When I get upset I want to eat junk. Well I had a bad day yesterday and was so ready to just throw in the towel and eat a burger and fries. I jumped in my car and was driving to get the food while nearly crying at the same time from the guilt Then it hit me and I knew that it was my emotions and that I was way stronger and I turned my car around went home and ate my IP approved dinner and felt like a million bucks.
    WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!! Great NSV!!!
  • YAY for YOU!!!!
  • Fantastic! That is such a great NSV and having done it once the next time will be so much easier to identify and hopefully avoid altogether.
  • Congratulations! That is fantastic! I completely agree with what everyone above me has said as well...and I am going to read that book! Thanks for the recommendation!
  • Thank You everyone...So lucky to have a place to talk about this kind of stuff. You guys are awesome.
  • Way to go, I am also an emotional eater and know how hard that would have been to not go ahead and eat the food and then feel so bad about yourself.. it's a vicious cycle and you are on your way to conquering it! Sty strong!
    Quote: Thanks everyone!
  • Quote: I have learned through the dieting process that I am an emotional eater. When I get upset I want to eat junk. Well I had a bad day yesterday and was so ready to just throw in the towel and eat a burger and fries. I jumped in my car and was driving to get the food while nearly crying at the same time from the guilt Then it hit me and I knew that it was my emotions and that I was way stronger and I turned my car around went home and ate my IP approved dinner and felt like a million bucks.

Fabulous and inspirational for all!
  • You go Girl!!!
  • It's so great when that little light comes on in your head! Congrats on the right decision.