2 % body weight challenge

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I got the go ahead to start a similar thread so here it goes.

Here are the rules. The fastest to shed 2 % of their body weight wins. To calculate 2 % just multiply .02 with your body weight and round off to the nearest .2 lbs.

I'll go. This morning I weighed 148.8 lbs, so .02 * 148.8 lbs = 2.976 lbs. My scale is not that precise, so I will round this off to 3 lbs.

SW : 148.8 lbs
    CW : 148.8 lbs
    GW : 145.8 lbs

What do you say? Who is in?
  • Hello Matisse from Montreal! I will join you. My weight this morning was 154, 2% of which is 3.1 lbs (rounded).

SW: 154.0
    CW: 154.0
    GW: 150.9
  • Cool, Tuscany from Ontario! It's a challenge where everybody has got a chance to win.

Your scale probably will not say .1 lbs, so you get to round it off to 3 lbs like me since 3.082 is closer to 3.0 than 3.2 lbs.
  • Hey you finally put it up! To coincide with the new 5lb challenge maybe?

Ok, today I weighed in at 249.4... 2% of that is 4.98... well for me I guess it is a 5lb challenge LOL

SW: 249.4
    GW: 244.4
  • I'll join!

I was 170.8 this morning, 2% of that is 3.4 pounds.

SW: 170.8
    CW: 170.8
    GW: 167.4
  • Quote: Hey you finally put it up! To coincide with the new 5lb challenge maybe?

Ok, today I weighed in at 249.4... 2% of that is 4.98... well for me I guess it is a 5lb challenge LOL
    Haha, and it amounts to the same weight for you. Too funny!

Yes, I encourage everybody to sign on for one of these or both. I am curious to know who will have an edge on the 2 % challenge. So far, I believe many of the winners of the 5 lbs challenge would have won the 2% too, but it's definitely more of an even game now independently of the starting weight.
  • Sw 167.4 -
    Gw 164.0

2% 3.4
  • Quote: Cool, Tuscany from Ontario! It's a challenge where everybody has got a chance to win.

Your scale probably will not say .1 lbs, so you get to round it off to 3 lbs like me since 3.082 is closer to 3.0 than 3.2 lbs.
    Quite true. I have one of the "doctor's scales"...the kind with the sliding weights. I calibrate it every so often and it's extremely accurate, but only to the quarter or half pound. So, you'll find I record my weights as either 0.00, 0.25, 0.50 or 0.75.

Hey Pixi...nice to see you again! And nice to meet you mothermavis and SPark92. Good luck to everyone in this challenge.

I dropped 0.75 lbs this morning...woohoo!

SW: 154.00
    Aug 10: 153.25
    GW: 151.00
  • Welcome, SPark92 and mothermavis! Congrats on the drop, Tuscany!

I was +.2 lbs this morning which I was fine with since yesterday I dropped .8. Good day!
  • I didn't see this until now. I will join in, after adding it all up I do believe I need to lose 5.2 lbs
    yesterday's weight
    SW: 257.6
    CW: 257.4
    GW: 252.4
  • Only believe for you i get 2%= 5.152 so I would say round it up to 5.2

Tuscany has been on such a roll lately though, I suspect she will win within a week!

I bounced up a little today, I apparently need more lemon water! lol

sw:249.4
    cw:250.6
    gw:244.4
  • Yay, so glad you are here Only Believe!

I wanted to say that I will likely not be reporting tomorrow (that is certain) and Monday. I am doing a arduous mountain hike tomorrow and I will be sleeping at friends tonight and likely tomorrow as well as I should be too spent to drive back home. My sanity says that I should not be so weight crazed as to bring my own scale for such a short stay.

Good success everyone!
  • Count me in and Pixikat.. you and I are both doing the 5 lbs off ... We are soooo close!

SW 248 X .02 = 4.96 so round to 5 lbs off LOL I would LOVE it !!!

CW 248
    2% off - 243.....
  • Thanks pnkrckpixikat I think you were posting at the same time I finally got it right LOL..
    I love challenges, and really all of us are winning when we lose the weight, my competition is really the fat and that 5.2 lbs doesn't stand a chance against me.
    Lets get down to business!
  • I weighed 163.0 this morning, so my goal is to lose 3.2 pounds