I love myself today!

You're on Page 6 of 6
Go to
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO RUTH AND HERSHEY!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!

Tracy-I've had self love "issues" myself, believe me!! I think that we need to find a way to love ourselves as we ARE and go from there. You are a GREAT person, and you deserve the best for yourself!!! By the way, I LOVE shopping around In Home Depot. But I'd RATHER go shoe shopping!!!!!

Lidian-You were VERY patient with your Dad! That kind of stuff drives me nuts!! By the way- I STILL think that it isn't a vacation if you are doing it with your in-laws!!! (And I get along with mine very well too!!!)
  • Hi Loves
    Hey there chicquitas...sorry that I have been awol for so long!
    Missed all of you. Life has been busy...those of you who have been around for a while know that I was sick with some nasty viruses this winter...six weeks worth. Now busy with work and the kid, did a bunch of volunteer work at her school, forgot that I was a working mom...
    Putting more hours in at work, too.
    And finally, been exercising at the gym regularly...meaning about four days a week or more since May 17th!!!! and, I've also started doing some yoga which I'm totally falling in love with...so much fun and so grounding.
    So, though my weight is up some from the lowest point that I was at here in Alternachicks...I'm at 182 lbs., that's still down 14 lbs. from my highest known point...where I actually got on a scale and...

I love myself for exercising and taking care of my body,
    for growing muscles in new and unusual places,
    for believing that those muscles will soon be visible...ie,some of the cushioning that surrounds them will disappear...
    and, I love myself because...drum roll please...
    I went for a surgical consult and in a few months I'll have perky "C"'s...
    that's right chickies,
    you heard it here first,
    I'm downsizing and relocating the girls!
    movin' on up...

Hope all of you have been well...going to look around and read a bit...
    good to check in and I'll try to stop by more often.
    All of my love and please forgive me for my absence,
    Soozie
  • Hey Soozie! We just love seeing you here whenever you can manage to show up!! Glad to hear that you are FINALLY healthy and that you are getting everything together!! Sometimes things just get out of control busy, and ALL of us understand that.

I love Yoga too. Haven't done it for a long time though. I always thought that martial arts and yoga would be a wonderful combination of exercises. That's what I'd do if I could!!
  • Yeah, Den, I thought of that today when I logged on...Den would love yoga...it is so great...so spiritual and physical and emotional...loving it...
    and Ellis doll-y...you dragon boat?
    Can't believe it. My Aunt is an avid dragon boater on a competitive dragon boating team...she's the one who drives me crazy sometimes because she is so physically fit and she is 13 or so years older than I am.
    though she is such an inspiration because her body looks better than ever...
    so, girls,
    no matter what our age
    we're headed into our prime...so, go for it!
    Prioritize yourself and your health today...let food be FUEL, not nurturance, not entertainment, not love...just fuel...and give yourself the highest octane there is...only the best for you...quality!!! You deserve it.
    soozie said so!
    Love, Me
  • Hey girls,
    I am still alive and well. Meds seem to be working well. I am feeling pretty good these days. I have , however, gained 2 1/2 lbs, but eating junk food will do that to you, so I am kicking myself in the butt and walking again, eating less junk, and moving this luscious body! I love myself today!
    Virginia
  • Virginia-GOOD FOR YOU!! Keep up the good work my lovely!!!!

Soozie-YUP!! But right now my stomach would get in the way of some of the poses!!! LOL Will your aunt be in windsor soon? I noticed that there will be Dragon Boat races there sometime soon. Never had heard of it before Ellis mentioned SHE does it, and now I'm seeing it everywhere!!!
  • You know what, I'll have to ask her...she did mention something about Canada...hmmm...maybe you guys can go cheer her on if anyone is nearby...
    ummm...I'm clueless and assuming that Winsor is in Canada?? My belly and my boobs do get in the way with some of the poses...and it is difficult to hoist the rear end in the air for others...used to be able to haul it up with ease....for the plow or for a headstand...but, now baby...that's some serious weight liftin'.
    Love you girlies...
    had a good food day and a good exercise week so far...
    going to the gym tomorrow.
    Love Soozie
  • YUP! Windsor is in Canada. It is technically SOUTH of Detroit which is strange and bizzare.....

It really bugs me when I can't feel the stretch because my boobs or tummy are in the way!!!
  • with you on that girlfriend.
    My aunt said that she isn't going to be in Windsor but she will be in Montreal for a dragon boating competition on July 20th...so, hopefully she'll be greeted by some fat chick who will cheer her team on and give her hugs and love!!! Her team are the Schuykill Dragons...named for the Schuykill River but I keep wondering how to actually spell that...think that I got it right this time but I'll check...so, come on fat chicks...whose gonna cheer for my inspirational strong woman auntie and her powerful teammates...those girls can move a boat!
    Love,Soozie
  • HAPPY Weekend!!!!!

Sorry i have been MIA, been working a summer camp.

Whew..after being peed on the first day and pooed on the last day i am READY for this holiday. I wore the same navy blue capri's so I am thinking ti is the PANTS!!

Thanks for the boost dentrassi..you truly are a wonderful person!!

That baoting sounds really cool..any chance of any photos from it so we can see??

I swear if Junk food were ilegal..i would be the ksiiniest chick around..sigh..

Thanks again for the super welcome!!

I really like reading this thread!!

Tracy
  • Welcome back Tracy
  • Is this thread posted weekly? Im trying to get used to the set up =) and not start too many threads.

ANyway!.... drum roll.. I love myself today because I lost 2lbs and over 3 inches last week (ROAR!)

Tiff
  • Actually we do have some weekly threads - i.e alternachick chat, weekly weigh in, weekly food journals, and Ta da! and this one but some of them go on until I see the thread getting too long, I will sometimes split a thread too but if there is only a few posts over the course of a week we leave it until it gets longer.

If you want to start a new topic- feel free

I will start a new one for this now : )