First week on Ideal Protein

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Today I had my first weigh-in appointment with my coach for Ideal Protein Diet and amazingly enough in 8 days, I lost 8 Ibs. I started on 07/15/13 and I do understand that this is my highest weight loss at startup because of the water weight but I am excited about the results after such a difficult day on the first day last week. I followed the protocol and was lucky enough not to have any symptoms that I read about or was told about. The only issue was a terrible migraine headache on the first day...but every morning, first thing, I am drinking a little bit of water with sea salt...and haven't had any issues with headaches ever since ! Excited to join this blog...
  • Hey Frenchy, Congratulations on your weight loss. Don't forget you are also losing fat. That is pretty fantastic Did your coach tell you how much fat you lost or were you only given a total weight loss?
  • Welcome and congrats on your loss!
  • Welcome and congratulations! Hard part's over!
  • Hi Frenchy,

Est-ce que tu parles français comme ton avatar le laisse supposer?

Bienvenue/welcome!
  • I had my first visit today and am looking forward to getting started tomorrow. I drank the rest of the soda in the house so I have a clean slate. lol

Good luck! May we both do well.
  • Congrats on the big loss!!! I agree.the first day was the most painful!!! I started 7-11-13 and have been able to stay on track except for a couple slips! Very excited!!!!
  • Welcome and congrats Frenchy! I started alternative IP on 7/1/13 and experienced a migraine on day 1 and 2. Haven't had any since....you are on your way!
  • Quote: I had my first visit today and am looking forward to getting started tomorrow. I drank the rest of the soda in the house so I have a clean slate. lol

Good luck! May we both do well.
    I start today, too. Good luck! I'm excited and nervous!!
  • SArantes,
    Our numbers are about the same. I'm 193/193/136.
  • I started 7/12/13 and I am down 12 pounds!! down 3.5 inches!! It works as long as you stick to the paper. I did have a headache 2 and 3 but none since

Good luck
  • Yay so excited to see more teammates on this journey! I started 7/14/13 and after a life time of dieting, I have found one I like and can stick to. Having my husband lead the way has been great. I've believed in a lower carb lifestyle for a while and look forward to maintaining this lifestyle when I am off the protocol. It's a very supportive community which makes things even more fun! Welcome!
  • Thank you !
    Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement and congratulations to the new ones that are starting ! I actually love this protocol diet. I love to cook and bake as it is my relaxing moments of the day but I find it very easy to actually stick to the plan so far. No cravings !! YAY...
    I even was able to make spaghetti from scratch for my husband and daughter.. did not even lick the spoon or have a major craving ! WEIRD.. since I am French and Italian !!

@ Matisse : Oui je suis Francaise et je parle le Francais ! (Translation : yes I am French and I do speak French!)

Looking forward to the support on this blog ! The more the merrier and the easier to stay on track !
  • Congrats! That's amazing! 8 pound loss!
    I started 7/18/13. My first weigh in today (7/24) showed a six pound loss. I currently do not have a scale, I've never lost that much in one week & I can't help but think is my coaches scale correct? Lol

Anyhow congrats on your amazing loss Frenchy

-Liliy
  • Heather 12 pounds already! My jaw dropped - how do you feel?
    Has anyone here started incorporating excercise, or not just yet?

Exciting reading all of your results!