What are your Reading-July 2013 Edition

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • New month everyone! Please share with us what you are reading.

I'm reading Heart of the Matter by Emily Griffen
  • The Dark Elf Trilogy by R.A. Salvatore.
  • I'm still reading A Game of Thrones. I really like it so I don't know why it's taking me so long!
  • Quote: I'm still reading A Game of Thrones. I really like it so I don't know why it's taking me so long!
    I've been reading those books since last summer LOL I red 2 different book between the 3rd and the 4th, and another one between the 4th and the 5th (that I am still not done with) though.

Which one are you reading right now?
  • I just started reading "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" by Ransom Riggs.
  • I'm re-reading the entire Sookie Stackhouse series from start to finish, since Charlaine Harris just released the final book for the series. I read the previous book so long ago, and the rest of the books even longer, and to be honest I seem to forget some of the finer details. It's slow going right now, still on the first book, but I know I didn't really get into the series until book 3, if I recall correctly.
  • Requiem by Ken Scholes. The series started with Lamentation. Very good series if you like fantasy and not super well known.

I have read all the Games of Thrones. I thought book one was good. Book two was ok. I HATED book 3. Hated the characters he focused, hated the writing, hated the plot.

Gave up on the series. But then my library started having book 4 and book 5 for free for my Kindle. So I gave them a try. I thought they were the best books in the series.

So I might be weird but hated book 3.
  • I just finished reading Last Night at Chateau Marmont by Lauren Weisberger.
    Not sure what I am going to read next.
  • Currently reading...
    The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson

Read so far...
    Firelight by Sophie Jordan
    Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead
    The Walking Dead Book 1 Graphic Novel
  • I am currently reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

I just finished Book 1 of the Thirst Series by Christopher Pike.
  • The Dome (inspired by the tv show) but I don't know- it's well written but it's just one tragedy after another and I keep waiting for there to be some sort of triumph for the good guys but so far nada. I'm actually not sure I'm going to finish it.
  • I'm currently reading "The Blade Itself" by Joe Abercrombie (First Law trilogy). It's a good fantasy book so far.

I'm also getting "Indexing" by Seanan McGuire. It's a Kindle Serial so they release an "episode" (about 40 pages) every 2 weeks. It's about an organization tasked with protecting the world from fairy tales. It's amazing so far with 4 episodes released. You buy it once and whenever a new episode is available it downloads straight to your kindle (or kindle app).

Seanan McGuire also has an amazing series of books called the October Daye series. It's about a halfblood fairy private detective. I adore them and foist the books on everyone at every opportunity.
  • Currently reading Duma Key by Stephen King. Next on my list is Red Dragon by Thomas Harris.
  • Quote: I've been reading those books since last summer LOL I red 2 different book between the 3rd and the 4th, and another one between the 4th and the 5th (that I am still not done with) though.

Which one are you reading right now?
    The first one! I'll definitely have to read something else before I start #2! It probably doesn't help that I'm reading them in English (which is not my first language) but I prefer not to read translations if I can help it.
  • Finished reading Sugar Salt Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us

Going to the library today to pick up A Game of Thrones.