Don't July to yourself 2013 Daily Check-in & Accountability Thread

You're on Page 3 of 9
Go to
  • Hi everyone! I am new to the site and new to the 100 lb club. I am starting this morning at 232. MY goal is to hit 132. That might be a bit ambitious but I am going to give it my best!!!

I have a 4 day camping and rock festival trip in 2 weeks with a group of about 20. It is usually a bad eating and bad drinking situation. I'm aiming to do 80% better than last year!

I made a very silly bet with my husband on goal weight. He never ever has said a thing about my weight btw. Never. I want a Camaro bad and have wanted once since the 2010's came out. He keeps saying if you want one get one. I am very practical and have not. I had dh promise if I could hit my goal weight within 18 months from today HE would go get it for me since my practical self would talk myself out of it again.

SW:232
    GW:222
  • LebenAlles on hitting your goal. We're in this today I feel the same way ... I have to make it through the long weekend

Carol Sue, if you try to put it away immediately will that help? I told me kids that there are too many of them and we can't afford to pay for college so they had better keep those grades up because we are looking for all of the scholarship help we can get My FBS was just ridiculous in the 200's but it was my own fault. I do need to see a nutritionist though. But cutting out the carbs is really helping. Now just to remember to take the second dose of met. I forget most days so they are never spaced the 12 hours apart. I'm posting mine beside on my weigh in page. It's just an easy reminder for me to see that I can do good if I try

Chelle nice to meet you and to the thread. Best of luck to you on your goals What are you doing to reach your goals? A Camaro, nice gift for sure

I recently did the cabbage soup diet which helped to jump start me again. I thought I was doing good but something is giving me a few points up each day so I'm not sure what's happening. I usually just count calories but I'm diabetic and the counting without subtracting the sugar and starches isn't helping my fasting blood sugar so something had to change. I also started doing 30 minutes of movement a day so hopefully the scale will reflect that some day. I'm going to take my measurements tomorrow when I get up as suggested by another 3FCer on another thread so that even if the scale doesn't change, when I see inches fall off that will give me some joy

A few NSV's for me with food ...

My son made tilapia last night and boy was it good. He made 3 for me and I ate one and said I would have one today and one tomorrow. I almost ate a second one but I asked myself do I really want it because I'm hungry or because it is there and I wanted it because it taste really good and it was there. (didn't eat it) I was cleaning the kitchen last night and the corn bread was sitting there and I started to have a corner of that, but then I covered it and left the kitchen. The kids had potato salad for lunch today and I absolutely love potato salad. I started to eat just a small Dixie cup but I said nope, I brought my lunch and that salad isn't included. (didn't eat it) I'm doing pretty well with telling myself NO so far
  • Thanks for the welcome Love I am doing low carb. Not counting carb or cals yet but staying with the allowed foods. I did this once for 6 years straight and felt amazing. Why I went the other direction still baffles me. I am also a diabetic and know I need to quit with the no no foods I so love. I got diabetes as a thin young adult. It sure isnt any better with what I have been stuffing in my face. I sure do want that Camaro!!!!

I have been getting more walks in but that is a far as I am with exercise so far. I dont want to do anything major until I am settled on my plan. Too much trying to be perfect at once tends to send me in a tail spin.

Good job on the NSV!!!! You did fantastic!!!

So does everyone have great weekend plans? I always find weekends a challenge as far as not falling so far off plan the wagon rolls right over me.
  • Chelle three years ago I was only walking 3 miles a day 6 days a week and counting calories using something similar to myfitnesspal which is what I use now and I lost 30 pounds. I did very well until I started working a graveyard shift. Unable to walk and eating in the middle of the night and snacking during the day. You can definitely do it just walking and using weights while you walk helps tone.

I post on this diabetic thread
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diab...y-reports.html

we don't have any plans, no money to do anything with so this will be a peaceful, resting 4 days That I hope don't go by too fast

Oh I call my daughter Chelle so if you see the name come up in my post I may be talking about her.
  • Ok where is everyone? Did all of you go out of town for the holiday?

My eating today has been pretty on point ...

Breakfast
    light peach yogurt
    2 apples
    coffee

Lunch
    grapefruit
    cabbage soup
    salmon patty (only ate maybe half) it wasn't good

snack
    tilapia

Dinner
    (none) not hungry before church too late to eat afterwards

Well I don't feel like doing anything tonight and since I didn't have dinner I really don't feel that I have to. My plan was to make Wednesday my only off day anyway. So back to it tomorrow. I need to find an outdoor track and then I can really get the ball rolling Even though it was a short work day, I just feel drained. I think I'm gonna finish my tea and call it a night. At least that's the plan, nothing else to eat for sure
  • I only had time for a weigh in post this morning. I had a choice exercise or veg. Glad I chose exercise because it was the only 31 minutes I got today. Ate fast food for the last meal but still my sodium was under 2500mg so hope the scale likes me in the morning. Fiber way down. Delaying shopping for veg and fruit because we are going away the weekend. So no weigh in for me those days.
    I hear you on the salmon patty. I bought some a month ago and froze one. Hoping to add it to something else to kill the taste of it. Funny thing is I like salmon cooked in restaurants but grind it up and it's nasty.
    Chelle: Welcome!
  • LOL Carma, my middle son made it. I typically make it just like you make a crab cake but I use the flax seed meal instead of break crumbs. I don't know what he did but it just had absolutely no flavor. He said, "I'm never cooking for you people again, nobody wants to eat my food!" I thought if you take short cuts and it's nasty to us then you eat it! Did he finish it today, nope I'm trying to stay under 1200 with the sodium. I totally hate that bloated feeling. I'm going to the store Friday hoping to do this cabbage thing a few more times. I really need to keep this focus. Have a wonderful trip. Good job on the 31 minutes
  • Phew that was a long and stressful week ! Nearly over thankfully.
    Got up at 5am to take DD and DD's BFF's to a four day rock festival and camping trip. They were so happy and upbeat. Got there and managed to circumnavigate all the idiots and get them to the gate of the campsite. They were whooping with joy, as we had everything but the kitchen sink in the car
    Back home now, had breakfast for the first time in an age. It was delicious !! I have been eating oddly lately, and it has messed with my brain. I have actually lost about 2lbs this week, but haven't felt good because I ate bread. (Bad trigger food for me)
    Anyhow, one more day at work and then two months of summer (I'm a teacher) Am planning an attack for the next few weeks to get me ready for Florida.
    Nice to see new faces (an old of course) Have a happy day
  • Rennie: Your FBS are looking great. Keep at it.
    Starbrite: Good luck on your attack plan soldier.
    LebenAlles: great job on hitting your goal.
  • Gmornin yall and Happy 4th
    Nothing really planned for today no money and the kids are busy doing things with their friends. Its just crazy humid outside anyway so ill prolly just go ahead and get the housework and laundry done since tomorrow im gonna go do a water aerobics class tomorrow and this way ill come home well worked out and be able to relax cuz my work will be done. Hsve a safe and fun day yall
  • Good morning everyone! Have a happy 4th!!
  • Hello everyone. Sticking to my plan, doing okay, chipping away at this blasted regain.

I have a 4-day weekend, nominally, but I also have a twice-yearly deadline at work coming next week, so I'm spending most of the weekend working. Just have to stick to my plan despite this.

Good luck and good strength, folks, and remember those holiday cookouts are nice but there is nothing served at them that you'll never get another chance to eat.
  • Hmmm, down a pound this morning. I'm trying not to get too excited because I've been here often enough to know that its never a steady downward trend.

Rennie I also love talapia. I don't get enough of it because DH doesn't like it. I make it for myself when I can easily make something else for him. If it's beef, he'll eat it. I also love salmon. My mother used to make great salmon patties and I like them, and DH will eat them too, just not too often. He likes fried fish, I prefer grilled or baked. When I was growing up my mother fried everything, so I think I had my fill by the time I reached adulthood.

I think my overeating on second helpings came from childhood, when we knew there was nothing more to eat until the next mealtime so you made sure you ate enough to keep you from getting hungry before the next meal. We ate nothing between meals and nothing from dinner to breakfast the next day. We never had to be forced to clean our plates because we were afraid not to.

Enjoy your holiday, all those in the US.
  • Happy 4th of July and Happy Thursday

Sam good job on the 2lb down but glad your stress is almost over What are you planning for your attach phase?

Thanks Carma they were looking great. I didn't eat dinner last night and forgot to take my Met at 7:30 and didn't take it until 10pm I think with a glass of milk and my fbs was 185 this morning. So back to the start again. I'm back to posting on the Diabetes Forums also. It really helped before until I just stopped and gave up like diabetes is just gonna go away. I got am email yesterday from the ADA with some new recipes I plan to try to get this life of mine in order. I do hope they help

Joy same here, just gonna hang out in the house. Enjoy your day of relaxation oops that's tomorrow ... well have a great day today

GM Chelle, Happy 4th of July to you also

Hi carter, thank goodness no cookouts this weekend for us. I'm trying to eat right and get my head in order for a family cookout coming up on the 20th. Don't work too hard.

Carol Sue, don't I remember those days of cleaning your plate and sometimes not because I wanted to because I had to. I'm not big on beef though I just had a burger for breakfast because I can't go food shopping until tomorrow and it was in the fridge from my beef and tomato day last week. My husband prefers fried everything drives me nuts but I decided about 3 years ago that I'm not going to fix something different for him. There were 7 of us in the house at the time. The kids all ate what I cooked so he had to also. I won't fry fish or salmon patties because that fish smell stays in the house for days. I can't stand it, LOL. Enjoy your holiday also

well no change on the scale 190.6 is a keeper. My fbs was 185 this morning. The only thing I can think of is I didn't have dinner. I forgot to take my met and when I remembered it was 10ish so I got an 8oz glass of milk because the met makes me nauseous without food. Then I went to bed. Better luck in the a.m.
  • Joining the party! Hoping this will help me to stay on track. I am new to carb-counting so I am having some trouble getting used to it, but it will definitely worth it to get my blood sugar stabilized.

01:
    02:
    03: 230.8
    04:
    05:
    06: 231.4
    07: 231.8
    08: 231.2
    09:
    10:
    11:
    12: