TV Series

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi everyone!
    I’m a huge fan of tv series, I really love watching series and as summer is approaching and I have extra time on my hands I want suggestions. My taste is pretty broad, I watch (or watched) things like Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones, Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars, Gossip Girl, Veronica Mars (really old but my favorite), Gilmore Girls (even older), House, etc.
    I’d really appreciate suggestions!
  • True Blood?... Although you'd have to start from the beginning and the new season just started on the 16th.

You've already listed a lot of what I would so no new suggestions other than TB, lol. Sorry!
  • If you don't mind renting/buying, my favorite "oldies" were Queer as Folk and Prison Break
  • I've been binge watching Breaking Bad this summer! Other faves: Mad Men, Friday Night Lights, Parks & Rec, Arrested Development... All are on Netflix streaming.
  • During the summer, different TV series air than the other more popular ones. Right now, I'm enjoying watching Longmire. I wasn't an avid watcher of the Dr. Who series but I'm now on Season 1 Episode 3 and I'm enjoying it thus far. I guess I have all summer to catch up before the premier. I also started watching Mad Man. I LOVE Game of Thrones - gonna be a long wait for that premier. My fall series are Criminal Minds, Big Bang Theory, Heartland (altho I need to catch up on BBT and Heartland as I wasn't avidly watching last season - another summer to do).
  • I really like Suits on USA. And if you haven't watched The Americans you are really missing out, can't wait for the next season!!!!
  • veronica mars -my favorite and now they're making a movie can't wait.

above all mentioned i like how i met your mother, 2 broke girls, the mindy project, awkward, suburgatory, melissa and joey,....
  • My husband and I watch a lot of the shows you mentioned in the OP. Game of Thrones is amazing, I can't believe we have such a long wait!!! Grrrrrrr.
    Anyways my husband and I also love Burn Notice, Big Bang Theory, Once Upon a Time, and Grimm! To name a few.
  • Firefly, House of Cards (Netflix only), White Collar, Psych, Luther (BBC), Walking Dead are a few of our favorites. We only watch shows on Netflix or Amazon so basically we run through a series once we decide we like it. Except for Psych, which we own the DVDs.
  • If your kinda nerdy like me, try....

Doctor Who!!!
    Torchwood - Netflix
    Eureka - Netflix
    Star Trek Next Gen - Netflix
  • Thanks guys!!!! I have so many things to watch now, I’m so so happy!
    Missunshine- Really a Veronica Mars movie? Oh God I can´t wait, I really suffered when season 3 ended! But will it have Kristen Bell? Because I think I read she’s pregnant...
  • I really like Newsroom (hbo) and Scandal (abc).
  • Quote: Thanks guys!!!! I have so many things to watch now, I’m so so happy!
    Missunshine- Really a Veronica Mars movie? Oh God I can´t wait, I really suffered when season 3 ended! But will it have Kristen Bell? Because I think I read she’s pregnant...
    Kristen Bell already had her baby. I forget the baby's name...but it had to do with a car. Lincoln?

You might like Bunheads if you liked Gilmore Girls. Same creators, and quite a few Gilmore Girls characters made appearances. (Kirk, Gypsy, Emily Gilmore, Paris)
  • I’ll look for Kirsten`s baby name... I remember reading about bunheads, maybe i’ll give it a try, now I have so many options, I’m really happy and grateful to you all!
  • I second Breaking Bad, I just finished watching S1! I am also way into Homeland. Crazy addictive.