Well I did it - Tummy Tuck & Leg Lift

• On Monday June 17th I had it done. I don't remember much of that day. I have 1 drain per leg & 2 for my stomach. I feel almost normal today. I only needed muscle relaxant & pain pills for 2 days. I stopped them as soon as I could. Them seem to cause constipation. Worst part is after losing all the weight I have an non-padded rear so sitting has gotten to be not only boring but uncomfortable. I don't visualize having that fixed however. I am actually more comfortable on hard kitchen chair than in my lounge chair. Scar and new belly button looks good and I am getting feeling back in stomach day by day. Getting out of bed is a tough part of day as is adding/removing wraps on both legs, compression garment around stomach, and then getting normal clothes on while positioning train tubes so they don't pinch. I am looking forward to removal of those. I am happy so far and appreciate Jen here who has given me many tips as to dealing with this all. I do believe going through this I could provide insight as to what the doctors office doesn't necessarily prep you for. Hope all is well with everyone. In fall I will have under arms done and that will be it.
  • Congratulations! You deserve it after all that hard work. Hope recovery continues going well. Keep us posted.
  • SOOOOO happy for you and I can't wait to see pics!

Glad your belly button turned out well unlike mine!

You sound like you are healing incredibly well!

Jen
  • Good for you!!!
  • Thanks for sharing your story. Happy healing!!
  • Would love to see pics!
  • Happy you are getting better. Did you do the inner thigh lift? Don't know if the leg thigh was just outer thighs or both....
  • oh....eagerly awaiting pics! KUDOS to you!
  • When you had the tummy tuck and leg lifts done, how much weight (in excess skin) did you lose?
  • Quote: no idea palomino. doctor said he would weigh but i was so out of it when i was done i didn't ask. he said before doing it would only be a few pounds. and no doubt sitting on my butt for 2 weeks without moving and eating junk for boredom i have gained some.
    Remember the weight you lose after a tummy tuck is only the weight of the skin, not a fat loss.
    How much did you weigh before surgery and how much after ? A little arithmetic should give you a pretty good idea of how much lost.
  • How are you feeling baltimora? I hope its getting better day by day. I am researching doing the same surgery you had once i reach my goal and maintain for a year...
  • Wow that's awesome! Would you be willing to post pics? I'm considering the same surgery in Houston tx
  • Any updates?
  • How are you feeling overall? Glad you did it?