thin thighs and bad knees

• Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had some thigh slimming exercises for those of us with bad knees? Traditional lunges and squats are absolute murder for me (sad...I'm 23 and have arthritis in both knees) and I absolutely loathe my thighs (they're my problem area). HELP!
    Whisky
  • One exercise that you should try is for the front thigh area, and it also strengthens the knee area. Sit in a kitchen type straight backed chair and straighten one leg. Do small lifts-20 to 30 reps. Repeat with the other leg.
    For your inner and outer thighs, you can also do lying exercises to strengthen these areas like inner leg lifts and outer leg lifts. When these get easier for you, you can add ankle weights to add resistance, without putting direct stress on the knee like in squats and lunges.
    Aphil
  • I've not met one woman who likes their thighs even if they look perfect to me. I have the flabby thigh gene passed on to me and I gave it to my daughter. My son's thighs (he's only 11) are rock solid.
  • Men usually naturally have firmer thighs than women due to their higher muscle mass and lower body fat than we have...when they get fat, it tends to go to the love handles and gut first, and we tend to get it in our rear and thighs...