This time is no different :( I don't know what to eat!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I had to extensively experiment to find what diet what works for me and what I could realistically stick to. Regardless of what I eat, I've found that the best way for me personally to lose weight is if I count calories AND only eat two large meals a day. I got tired of eating lots of small meals and staying hungry all the time. This way I eat a big meal and I'm satisfied until it's time for another big meal. Same number of calories daily in the end.
  • Quote: I had to extensively experiment to find what diet what works for me and what I could realistically stick to.
    This is an excellent point and applies to maintinence as well as dieting.
  • I lost 50lb by counting calories and using myfitnesspal. It's an amazing tool. You can still eat the same things, just not as much. A cheeseburger is something like 300 calories, just skip the fries, and switch to diet soda. Once you find what fits for you, you'll lose the weight . Just stay focused and never give up.
  • I was confused too. And then I read pages and pages of the success stories on the Goal page of this forum. Almost every one got to goal by counting calories or limiting portions in some way. For me, that means jenny craig to start with...I don't want to count calories so they do it for me. But it really does mean limiting portions. I was easily eating 3 times what I should be. So that first day or two was HARD. But now i'm really learning what I should eat, and it's getting easier. HOpe that helps!