Weekend NSV's

• Three big ones this weekend

1) I was super frustrated because in at this up down weird plateau place sitting at around 273. I cannot break the 270's! Argh! But, that leads into my first NSV.
    I was shopping for new running shoes, and I happened to catch myself in a mirror. For the first time, I realized how much weight I had actually lost!

2) I decided when I saw myself in my "old" clothes, that they were so big, that I looked like I was wearing a tent. So, I went to buy some new workout clothes. In a size that never would have fit before. XL workout leggings, and a 2XL sports bra, that is actually a bit too big. Then today, I got some run in shorts in a 2XL and some denim shorts in a size 20! I started this journey in January Olin a 26/28! When I got the shorts, I tried on a 24, too big, then a 22, still too big, I almost didn't get the 20's because I highly for sure they wouldn't fit. But..they did!!!!! I realized at this point that although I am in a plateau on the scale, I am getting leaner and losing inches. So, the scale isn't everything!!

3) since I am running my first 5k in September, I decided to start training with seeing if I could even walk that distance. So I got on the treadmill at the gym and did it, plus some. 3.25 miles. It wasn't pretty, and it easy fast 80 minutes. But, I did it! Now I just have to do it faster. My goal for the run is 60 minutes.
  • Wow Lazylioness those are some great NSV! Keep working hard and I`m sure the scale will move! You should be so proud of yourself for sticking to your diet/exercise even when things get tough, thatīs a big accomplishment too!
  • Good luck training for your first 5k. That is a great goal!
  • Thanks guys!

Yes my first 5k is in September, but I set a bigger goal for a year. One 5K run every month, for a year.
  • Congrats!!!
  • Wow! That is awesome. I want to do a 5k, but am sure I could never run it. I have never been a runner. Truly inspiring.
  • You could do it. I am not a runner either, but I am learning that I actually kind is like it. I am sure I won't run my first few lol. That's why I am doing a fun bubble run!