I wore a bikini today

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • And nobody died or cried or pointed at me and laughed.

It felt dang good!

I have only ever worn one once before, in public. That time I wore a high waisted swim skirt and walked around with my arms crossed.

Not this time!!! I rocked it!!! Little Triangle top and ties on the sides and all.

And you know what else I noticed??? NOBODY has a perfect body. We all put so much pressure on ourselves to look like VS swimsuit models, for no reason. Nobody looks like that in real life... Everyone has a little cellulite, some stretch marks... a part they don't 100% love. If I stand like a model and don't move, I look pretty hot too... but who kneels on the beach with their boobs out, holding perfectly still? NOBODY.

Have a great summer everyone .
  • Good job! I think it's all about confidence when wearing a bikini and you clearly have it.

I was in Cambodia in January and wore by normal 2 piece with a tank over. After I got out of the water I took off the tank so it could dry and felt really good because I was confident enough to wear a 2 piece in public for the first time ever. I was only there with my fiance and I'm still not at that point with friends and family yet. Damn stomach stretch marks!!!
  • Whoo-hoo!!! Way to go!

Can't wait until the day I get to rock a bikini!!!
  • Bravo! And how right you are! Perfection does not exist. Be the best 'you' you can be is what I always think.
  • Good for you!
  • Great news!! Congrats!
  • You're a hero val! Way to go girl!
  • Quote: And you know what else I noticed??? NOBODY has a perfect body. We all put so much pressure on ourselves to look like VS swimsuit models, for no reason. Nobody looks like that in real life... Everyone has a little cellulite, some stretch marks... a part they don't 100% love.
    This!!! It really helped me have the confidence to wear a bikini in public. And you know what? I look BETTER in a bikini than I do in a one piece. Yes, I have fat on my stomach, but a bikini really emphasizes my hourglass shape.

I'm sure you looked fabulous
  • Glad you allowed yourself the freedom to try new things!
    Of course you rocked it ! There was never a doubt!
    Hope this will be the first of many new things you will allow yourself the opportunity to experience.
    I think we put more constraints on ourselves than others do.
    Live life with gusto and when you are old ...they will say that was a life well lived!
    Congrats Girl
  • Fantastic! Well done!
  • Great on you! I mostly never cared about wearing a bikini, but sometimes wish I could just because they're so darn cute. But I'm doomed to one pieces and full-coverage tankinis forever for the loose skin on my stomach unless I get surgery. You just go on wearing them for me!
  • Congrats & Way to go! To be honest I think we worry so much about what others are thinking, when most of the time they don't even notice. At a water park I would feel more self conscious, but at the beach I don't. Something about the beach. And yes two piece bathing suits are so much cuter.
  • Congratulations! I'm very selfconscious about wearing one piece suits and even two piece. I have an hourglass figure that I love but I don't like my thighs. I hope one day I can have the confidence you have. It's always encouraging to see people like you be so confident!
  • Awesome! I hope to do that one day too!! Great work!
  • Quote: Congratulations! I'm very selfconscious about wearing one piece suits and even two piece. I have an hourglass figure that I love but I don't like my thighs. I hope one day I can have the confidence you have. It's always encouraging to see people like you be so confident!
    Just do it!!! Confidence is hot .

Also... the parts we don't like about ourselves may be the parts that other people admire! I've always thought I had crazy huge calves, and hated them... a group of friends and I were talking about body parts the other night and someone said they wished they had my muscular calves! I don't hate them quite as much any more!