South Beach Vegetarian Style?

• Hello everyone!

I have noticed that a couple of people on here follow the South Beach diet and are also vegetarian. I am vegetarian and wanting to get started on SBD. I was wondering if any of you kind folk have suggestions for me? I know that we can use beans. I saw them on the safe foods list. But does anybody have any creative ways that they handle it? Maybe some go-to recipes? Example menus? Maybe blogs from other SBD veggies? I would love any ideas!
  • Eat eggs, fish, peanuts, sugar free gum, etc!
  • I'm afraid I'm of no help here as I love my chicken and beef, LOL But I would like to welcome you to the beach!!!
  • Hannahbeanies! I'm a vegetarian and have no problems at all coming up with meal ideas on SBD. I can make almost any recipe and just substitute beans, tofu, seitan, or veggie crumbles for the meat.
  • Thanks Cottagebythesea and BellaLucia! And super nice to meet you, Natasha!
    The reason I am having issues is that I am not a great cook. :P And I spend most of my days away from home and on the road. I guess I should have been more specific.
    Plus, I am super sensitive to tofu. Makes my poor belly hurt. So on top of not being a good cook, I have to be creative. That is yet another thing I am not good at! haha!

I guess what I am looking for is some ideas. Maybe easy lunches that be made quickly and ate on the go. Or super easy dinners. Or just easy in general. Easy is good.
  • It's ok, not to be a chef in the kitchen! Eggs and peanuts are easy!
  • Also, tempeh is amazing. Try using it instead of beef or chicken in tacos!

One thing to keep in mind is calories and protein -- and by that I mean too little. I'm a vegetarian and have found it challenging to eat enough when I am eating this cleanly. So, coconut milk and other healthy fats as well as beans and lentils are your friend!