Delicious Lunch with Chicken Patty

• Is it me or does this food actually start tasting yummy? I just enjoyed the most delicious lunch, I wish I had taken a photo but I ate it before I thought of it :-)

Stuffed Portobello Mushroom

1 IP chicken patty
    2 oz cold water
    1 portobello mushroom cap (about 4 inch diameter or so)
    1/8 cup diced red pepper
    1/8 cup chopped green onion
    1 clove garlic

Preheat oven to 400
    Mix chicken patty mix with cold water and let stand for 5 minutes as per package directions to thicken.
    Add the diced pepper and onion to the patty mixture to combine.
    Crush one clove of garlic into the portobello mushroom cap, and stuff the patty mix into the mushroom cap. It was a lot of filling, so I mounded it up and smoothed it over.
    Bake at 400 for about 20-25 minutes, until the mushroom is softened and the top of the filling is a little brown (it won't get golden since there is no fat added, but will darken in a few parts and be nice and crunchy on top)
    Fork and Knife this one and enjoy!

I had this with a big romaine salad simply dressed with sea salt, dried oregano, 1 tsp of EVOO and a little squeeze of lemon juice.

Perfect and delicious lunch-I think I could eat this every day- Enjoy!
  • WE have a What are You Eating thread and recipe threads. This would have been perfect in either
  • Gotta try this! I'm a mushroom LOVER! Thanks!
  • Yum! I am going to try this!
  • Yum, gotta try it too!
  • No this sounds yummy! I have one of those packs and never used it. Sounded too weird for some reason so I think I'll try this recipe!
  • Try putting some chopped scallion and Frank's Louisiana hot sauce into the chicken patty mix and forming nuggets. I had on top of salad with WF blue cheese dressing and it was so good - even though I wasn't in love with the dressing I have another packet and I am thinking of making them into tiny meatballs and simmering in tomato sauce. Maybe tonight over some zucchini spaghetti
  • Sounds yummy SeattleNP, I love Frank's hot sauce! It couldn't make the tomato rotini pasta taste better though :-(