June is Worldly month for not busting out all over.

You're on Page 16 of 18
Go to
  • Train delays to start my day.
  • Good morning ladies,

Just a quick check in for me. Having a great time visiting with the family - we've been quite busy - hardly touched the PC and haven't seen a lick of the TV. The cats are adjusting nicely to their new homes too. I found out that one screechy old bat at the Thrift Store is throwing an atom bomb hissy fit to anyone who will listen - even wrote to the up and ups that I had the "audacity" to be new a make a suggestion about putting price tags on the new stuff so that it would be easier to get the pricing correct. I am taking Laura's advice to heart that we need to be there for the animals so I am ignoring this piece of garbage and hoping that as she complains to anyone and everyone that they realize how petty she is. I emailed a suggestion to our store coordinator who forwarded it to her and she PRINTED A COPY of it and PULLS IT OUT OF HER PURSE and shows it to anyone she sees and complains about me. She assaulted one of my coworkers in the grocery store the other day. No wonder they have problems getting new people to help. Anyway other than that we are all having a good time, my company decided to stay and extra few days until Sunday. We are hoping to rent a pontoon boat for half a day tomorrow and have some fun on the water. I am going to the doctor shortly - I got some bites on my legs that have red circles now - they are not ticks, don't know if they are mosquitos but don't look quite right. I probably need an antibiotic.

Seems like you all are busy in various capacities. Forgive the lack of personals - I sure have alot of catching up to do.

Have a good visit with your family too Shad.

Later chicks
  • Happy
    The fleas and flies have really been bad this summer. The flies bite harder than the mosquitos. Good that you are going to the doctor. You are right, the audacity of that person. Sounds like she is very territorial.

Michelle
    I've been having mixed emotions about retiring. I really do need to stay as long as I can and if they will work with me I will. There are some aspects of the job that I can't do any more.

Mel
    Kind of ironic that Shad is cold and were having heat. Glad that a/c man did his thing. Which reminds me I need to have my a/c serviced.
    Rest today if you can.

Shad
    I'm a little envious of your cooler weather. However, it's not to bad. Sounds like you are having a good visit with lots to do.

Laura and Annie

-----
    Nothing new for me today. Trying to stay cool.
  • Good morning ladies -

Happy Hump Day! I'm going to the DMV after work with all (hopefully) my needed paperwork in hand to once again try and become an official Californian.

After that, I'm hoping to go to the gym. Yes, I signed up for a membership at a major nationwide gym chain. They have 3 different locations within a 5 mile radius of my step-mom's place, and two within just a couple miles of the doggy day care. I chose this gym because they have facilities all over Northern and Southern CA, so no matter where I end up living, I'll be able to use my membership.

========================
    Shad - The view from your niece's place sounds gorgeous! I hope you have a lovely time with your sister.

Mel - So sorry to hear that people kept pestering you despite the sign on your door. Bummer about the heat, but at least you got to see the cute A/C man. Stay cool and try and rest, sister.

Happy - How wonderful that you're having so much fun with your family and they're extending their stay!!! The pontoon boat sounds like fun! I hope the doc can take care of your bites. What a pain about the beotch at the thrift store. You're right, you're there for the animals. Try and let all the b.s. roll off, as hard as that is to do when things could be done so much better and more efficiently.

Ceejay - Hopefully the bosses will work with you so you can stay as long as you can with a minimum of drama/stress and have someone else take care of the parts of the job you can't do.

So far, we've been having fairly perfect weather here with temps in the mid to upper 70s/low 80s. That's just where I like it. I kind of remember it being warmer in July and August, but then again it's always a few degrees cooler where my step-mom lives than it is in San Jose where I used to live.

Annie - I hope you're having a happy hump day.

Laura - I haven't been following the midwest weather, is it super hot there? Did you see Man of Steel? How was it?

Gotta get some work done.

Much love,
  • Just more of the same insanity today.
    Won't bore you with the absurd details.
    Hopefully done for the day.
    PRAYING......Auditors last day
    Weather is ultra humid & hot
    There must ba another storm coming. HEAD PAIN!!
    Time for aleve & a shower.
    Have a great afternoon.

Annie.....hope the news will be good....but wait.....
    let me read further on!! The suspense is killing me already.....
    I am glad for the new job offer and also for your son not getting deployed!
    Will send prayers for both things. Choose wisely my friend!!
    Good luck.

Laura...if you were here you wouldn't believe the stupidity.
    There is NO winning this war and I am so DONE with it all!!
    YES.....the phone thing was a huge mistake and an even bigger expesive waste of money.
    I heard that the man who owned the cell phone company in Mexico is rich as all get out...he sold the phones to the USA!!
    I am not sure whether to laugh or cry but ....A HORRIBLE WASTE.
    HOPE THE SEARCH FOR THE PERFECT PILLOW ENDS WELL.
    NOTHING WORSE THAN THE WRONG PILLOW. YUCK!!
    Oh shoot...my caps went nuts!!
    Anyway...success to you sister on the pillow hunt!
    And enjoy the long weekend
    I beat you....I gained 5 lbs!!!
    Sending you good thoughts for the job.
    Think as positive as possible

Michelle....just be careful on this dating thing.
    I have heard terrible stories about some very persistant fellas...and women too!
    We live in a more dangerous world and there are TOO many fruitloops out there as you know!!
    Good luck at DMV!!!

Ceejay...get the scissors out...I need a haircut too!!
    I looked like a ragdoll yesterday.
    I need to get my timer out of the closet before I set my house on fire with hardboiled eggs
    Maybe we can both rest over the weekend.
    Are you going to see the Uncles???
    I bought Trader Joe's pancakes for this weekend.!

Shad.....I should have sent you my wash.
    Right now I would like to lie down in the snow and make angels!!!
    Hope you're having a good time.
    Keep the tootsies warm....send me the snow

Happy....well if you get "fired" over there you have a job with me!!
    We always need volunteers here!! and I will let you do whatever you want to the seniors.
    Maybe we can put price tags on their toes and sell them on the nearest corner...or just give the f_ckers away!!!
    Hope the bits are OK and keep an eye on them
  • Good Afternoon Beautiful Ladies....

Busy morning, then went to see a financial advisor about investing in a ROTH IRA. Taking the info home to Curtis to make the final decisions. Then I went to Osh Kosh store to get Cecila and Bryson (St. Louis kiddos) a couple of outfits as we are all going to St. Louis this weekend, Sam, Chris, the babe, Tater & Kristin. C is staying home as he has to work. Sassy is even going with us.

Our Wisconsin Dells trip has been cancelled due to short handed at Cs work. They have no one to run his route for him if he takes a vacation. They have had 14 people quit in the past 45 days, mostly because they are lazy and cannot handle the physical part of the job. They actually have to work for a living. We will do something later down the road.

HAPPY...there is always someone at every place of business that has to beeaccch about something. Sherry moved into Katie's old spot next to me and told me I talk to loud on the phone. Hey, move back to where you came from. Bleh. Glad you are enjoying the family. Making memories!

CHELLE...good job on joining the gym, hope you get lots of use out of it. Have fun with your male friend from years back. Those dating sites can be scary. Especially when you have a situation like you had, good judgement call. hugs.

SHADDIE...hope you are enjoying your family also! Stay warm.

CEEG...it is hot and humid here also. Have to cut the weather just to walk. We did have rain last night, but now muggy today.

MELLIE...OMG, I loved the witch cartoon as I played the witch in the 4th grade play. I sent it to my brother also. Hot and humid here and you are probably going to get the storm we had last night. Crazy weather.

LAURA...hope you finally got to work....train delays and highway delays can be annoying.

Have a great hump day/evening...

Hugs
  • Hi ladies - Regarding the guy on the dating site...something just felt weird about how much he was pressuring me for my phone number without giving me any info about him. I wasn't sure what kind of private info he could get about me from my phone number....but it just didn't feel right...so I blocked him. I'll continue going out with D (the guy I dated years ago), and be open to possibilities if I meet any other actual nice guys. For 4th of July week, D is having a bunch of friends up to his family's place in the Lake Tahoe area and he invited me to join them. It's beautiful up there. I'd have to drive myself as they are going up on Tuesday, and I couldn't leave until Wednesday after work. I'd have to take my work laptop and work from up there on Friday. And I'd have to take Santa with me. I'm still debating. A long drive up to the Sierra Mountains doesn't really appeal to me, though I know it won't be nearly as trecherous in my car as it was driving the moving truck. We'll see. I don't have to decide right away, so I'm still mulling it over.

Annie - such a bummer about no Wisconsin Dells, but there will be other times. How cool that almost everyone is going to St. Louis! Bummer that C can't go, but good to have the rest of the family going.

Stay cool everyone!

Hugs,
  • Afternoon all.

Michelle - Wonder what that guy was up to wanting to get your phone number right away - my friend D does the online dating thing and she says a good number of the people on there are scammers of some sort. I agree about the probation plans. In this case, they do set hard to reach goals for a short period of time. And I honestly believe that if a manager has been doing his/her job, the behavior/skill deficiencies would be addressed as they are noted throughout the year and not for the first time during the annual review! Glad you enjoyed dinner with your gf in sf yesterday. I know I shouldn't complain about the precautions metra takes - safety should of course come first - but it's frustrating. LOL re the adult neverending story! How true! The getaway to Tahoe sounds nice - that's a gorgeous area - but the negative is the solo drive. Sounds like you'll have a lot of flexibility with the gym membership! Good luck at the DMV today!

Annie - Big road trip to St. L. Safe travels to you! C is going to be lonely this weekend without you and Sass. Too bad about not getting away to the Dells. I like that feta bruschetta recipe - except for the olives... might make it minus the olives for book club Saturday.

Ceejay - I agree w/ Michelle - hang in there with the job as long as you can til you can get on Medicare. I hope the job can accomodate you for those things you can't easily do anymore. I almost never ever go to Sears these days, but they came up in an online search for the particular type pillow I want...hope it works out.

Shad - sounds like you have a lovely view at your niece's place - why move to your sis's place, LOL??? Hope your feet warmed up. Funny how I'll often feel chilly and once I eat my lunch, I get warm.

Mel - Sorry you had another chaotic day in the building. You shouldn't have to answer your door when the sign is up...but I suppose if you didn't who knows what type of disaster might befall the building!!! I did order my pillow from Sears and will go pick it up at the store tonight. Stay cool. Fingers that the auditors finish up today!

Happy - Re the old bat at the h. society - let her have her hissy fits. I think you should keep throwing out good ideas and let her continue her fits. At some point they'll either give you the boot, or someone will have the AUDACITY to agree you have a worthy idea and put it in motion. The pontoon boat sounds like fun! Hope the bug bites are nothing serious. Is there even enough insect repellent available to be outdoors without getting eaten alive!!!???

===
    The weather's been hot the past couple days, but not today. Yesterday it was really humid - felt like the tropics.

We had a TON of rain since the middle of the night - and a lot of lightning & thunder along with it. That's what messed up the trains today - tracks flooded, communication issues. Our kitchen ceiling was leaking again. We're supposed to be on the roofer's schedule now...wonder how long it will take them to get to us. We better call and pester them. I have a feeling a portion of the kitchen ceiling will have to be re-done. Bleh.

I generally enjoyed the movie Man of Steel. The cast was good, the storyline was good - you learn more about where Superman comes from & his folks. I didn't care for the special effects all that much - too much CGI and the action sequences just went on too long for me. The last couple scenes were kind of lame... But overall I enjoyed it.

I stayed up too late last night and was awoken around 4:30 am by the storm, so I'm starting to feel the shortage of sleep hours. But I have things to do tonight, so I better just keep moving and not plop down on the sofa when I walk in the door after work.

Tonight I'll pick up my new pillow. We'll also do some grocery shopping. Bf wants to eat out too. He had his age 50 colon invasion today (his mom went with him) and is looking forward to eating something good.

My "forgotten project" is just about done, just waiting on some info from a couple people. Gonna skip out and get the slightly earlier train today.

Okay, enough rambling. TTFN!
  • LOOKS LIKE THE STORM WILL BE HERE SOON.
    AND NONE TOO SOON FOR ME. EVERYONE WILL GO TAKE A NAP!
    MEETINGS ARE TONITE AND HOPE THEY ARE SHORT.
    BUT I ASSUME THERE WILL BE DISCUSSIONS OVER FINANCES FOR SURE.
    I HAVE ENOUGH OF MY OWN....NOT SURE I CARE ABOUT THEIRS

OK...GOTTA EAT SOMETHING. SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW.
    HAVE A GREAT DAY.

ANNIE......SORRY TO HEAR THE TRIP WAS CANCELED.
    POOR CURTIS AND THE JOB...PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO DO THE WORK,
    BUT THEY WANT THEIR PAYCHECK ON FRIDAY FAST ENOUGH!!
    HAVE A GOOD TIME ON THE WEEKEND WITH EVERYONE...SASSY TOO! LOL

MICHELLE....TOUGH DECISION.
    I BET THE PLACE IS GORGEOUS WITH VIEWS!
    GOOD LUCK ON THE DECISION!!

LAURA....HOW WAS THE NEW PILLOW??
    HOPE IT'S THE RIGHT ONE.
    YOURS & ANNIE'S STORM IS ALMOST HERE.
    GETTING DARK OUTSIDE.
    GOOD LUCK WITH THE FORGOTTEN PROJECT!!!
    MOST NEW MOVIES I CAN'T WWATCH ANYMORE.
    THE ACTION PLAYS UP WITHJ MY VERTIGO AND ALSO MY FEAR OF HEIGHTS.
    WEIRD HUH? BUT IT'S THE RAPID EYE MOVEMENT DOES IT.
    GOOD THING I LIKE ALL THE TURNER CLASSICS
    SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LEAKS.....
    I'LL SEND ONE OF MY ROCKET SCIENTISTS RIGHT OVER
  • Morning
    Annie
    It is a shame that C. can't get off work to take vacation. I'd love to go to the Dells in Wisconsin. The younger generation does not want to work.
    especially physical work.

Mel
    Hope the seniors calm down for a while.

Laura
    I'm going to try to hang in there only if they will work with me not against me then I'll stay. Their is usually different ways to handle things. For instance last night one of the filters started to drain for an unknown reason. The plant was not in operation. They have a work table by number one filter effluent valve( a valve that lets the water out of the filter) and I can't get to this one because of this to close it manually. This is one of the things that is hard for me do. I have to crawl under and then sometimes over huge pipes. Then have to close a the valve by a thing that looks like a steering wheel on a car. My 62 almost 63 year old knees and back don't give like they used to. I keep forgetting about the effluent valve on the control board which I could use if the power is on. I turned the wells back on to fill the filter up and called the boss to tell him. Told him I thought it was the rewash switch. Cause it was a slow drain and one boss told me that a draining filter is caused by something on the filter control panel. If the filter drains dry they get air bound and we have to purge the air out of them. This a different process altogether but similar to a back wash and takes extra gallons of treated water that could have been sold.

---------
    The thing that bothers me most about my job is on occasions such as yesterday they could have an excuse to fire me if I don't perform my duty. I'd rather retire and keep my 401k than get fired and lose every thing.
  • Morning all.

Mel - I was thinking of your witch cartoon this morning - "I'm melting!" Bf put the new tires on my bike, but he damaged the innertube of the front tire when he was putting it back on. He patched it, but the patch didn't hold. So I walked to the train this morning. So humid, and the sun blazing away didn't help. Thank goodness for AC!! Hope your meetings go quickly tonight. No it's not weird re the vertigo watching some of the movies out there - bf's aunt has a particular bad problem with that. My new pillow is alright - I still need more neck support. I imagine I will have to rig something myself to deal with that. But the standard size is definitely a positive thing.

Good morning to the rest of the Worldlies.

===
    Today is my Friday, since I'm taking tomorrow off work. Tonight I'm going to Jazzercise class.

Tomorrow is the Relay for Life charity event sponsored by the Amer. Cancer Society. It really doesn't officially start til 6 pm, but I like to get there a wee bit early to get decent parking and to set up. It'll be nice to see friends and family who are fellow team members, but I feel guiltly I haven't done much fundraising this year.

I don't really have any other plans for tomorrow during the day at this moment, but I might treat myself to a pedicure or maybe even a mani & pedi.

The RLF event runs essentially all night long and ends at dawn, but I really doubt I'll stay very late and certainly not all night long.

Saturday morning will hopefully be a Jazzercise class. Saturday night is book club.

Sunday, no plans - yay!

Nothing else to report, so I'll get this posted.
  • good morning ladies,

Happy Thursday!! I was at the DMV for 1.5 hours, most of it standing in one long line after the next even though I had an appointment. But, the good news is: my car is now registered in California, and I am now an official California driver! I'm an official Californian again!

I went to the DMV after the gym, and did 1/2 hour of Zumba! It was an hour long, very intense class, and I only lasted for half of it...but I think that's pretty good for not having Zumba'ed or done any formal exercise in months. I was planning on taking another dance class after work today, but between Santa waking up a few times and my step-mother accidentally setting off the house alarm at 11:30 pm, I didn't get much sleep.

========================
    Laura - What a bummer about the roof and ceiling issues due to the rain. I hope the roofer gets out there soon. Glad you enjoyed Man of Steel. I hope the new pillow worked better for you. I'm due for my age 50 "tests" too...trying not to think about it. Good on ya' for making good progress on the forgotten project. Have fun tonight at Jazzercise and tomorrow at the Relay for Life.

Mel - I hope the storm brings you some peace, and that the meetings will be short. I hope you're able to relax today.

Ceejay - Wow, you're job is really physical. I'm not sure I could climb under and over huge pipes.

A big to Annie, Happy and Shad!

Much love,
  • Ceejay - Not sure I understood all that, lol,but it sounds like if you can't do a process physically, there's an alternate way to do it remotely, and that should be acceptable most of the time. Are there any formal procedures that outline both ways? I agree that it's scary to think you could lose your job and potentially your retirement benefits if they don't want to work with you. Is there a way to be more certain that doing something in an alternate way is acceptable? My employer still has a pension plan, which is a nice benefit to have. A lot of companies don't have that anymore and they just offer a 401, but we currently have both. I do sometimes worry that I'll get fired and lose my pension benefits. I often think I need a change, and I can't help but also think that getting a new job with a new employer would also save my pension benefits (I've been vested for a while now.) I just need to take the leap and do it. Unfortunately, financial concerns make it seem so risky to leave a good job with a good company....

Michelle - Whoo!! Glad you've gotten your CA DMV stuff done and you're official. I meant to comment a while back when you mentioned it - now you have to have your car pass the CA emissions test - I've heard they're tougher than other states. Is that true? Hope your car passes with flying colors!! Well, the kitchen ceiling didn't fall in yesterday, so we're still okay. BF is calling the roofer today to see where we are on their schedule. Good for you doing the Zumba class. Hey, baby steps - if you keep at it, you'll work your time up in class and it'll get easier. You can do it Michelle!!!
  • Hi Laura - Yes, CA emissions tests are tougher than other states. The good thing is that my was originally built for, and purchased in, CA. It's a 1999, and that was back when I lived here before. So it passed without any problem! You're right about the Zumba...the more I do it, the easier it will get and the more I'll build up my stamina and strengthen my muscles that support my back.
  • I feel cruddy today, body aches. Don't feel much like posting either. So hello to everyone. Catch yas tomorrow. Dental appt in the morning.

Loves