Chat Pages for June 1-15, 2013

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • I miss The Tudors. I'm going to look for more shows. If nothing else, I'm going to watch "Elizabeth." I've already seen the sequel.

Sloan, Corenbread dressing sounds good. We'll probably have chicken/dressing at the local cafe this Sunday; well, I may have roast beef. That's good, too.
  • Cornbread dressing sound great..
    I slipped a few pounds this week so I need to get back on track.
    My plan is to stay low carb until I hit 140 and then maintain again for a few weeks.

It has rained about 3" here last night & today..I need to drive an hour away for a graduation tonight but I will spend the night with my cousin so I don't have to drive home tonight.

I have been working in the attic today, trying to label & purge..Somehow nothing much is getting tossed or sent to charity..sigh..I have to be in the right mood to get rid of stuff..apparently today is the wrong mood.

Sloan..I know what you mean..No fat,salt,sugar or gluten for me (if I am being good) What does that leave??
  • I'm soo tired!
    I got to work out, but I just can't find the energy today.
    I think its because this house is freezing...
  • Good Afternoon Chicks! Just posted a whole post and my computer crashed and when I rebooted it was gone. I will recreate, but first I have to get on the treadmill. I'll try to be back later today. I'm cooking tonight.

Sandra, I had Popchips and hummus for lunch.....6 points and I was in heaven. I can't find the salsa tortilla ones....just ranch. Didn't like the Amy's multi grain pitas I bought to try. Thank you SO much for your suggestions. I need to go back and see what else you recommended. Popsicles don't do it for me but I think there was something else too.

Be back later!
  • Vickie, Fritos Bean Dip is same points as hummus. It's prob not as healthy, though. I'm glad you're enjoying the goodies. I am, too. Ain't it great!
  • NSV today: I went to lunch with my mother and sister to a girly lunch place called "The Chocolate Covered Strawberry" today. I ordered exactly what I wanted and tracked it all online. I still have plenty points for this evening!

Vickie, sounds like you are doing well with your tracking. You go!!

Nancy, have fun at the graduation and enjoy your cousin! Be careful!!!

Sandra, the snacks sound good, but I am afraid that I couldn't stop right now. You are super woman!!!

Hey Rhonda, Pam, and Maryann!
  • Not super woman at all. I had 40 pts today. I haven't done that in awhile. I still have over 30 wap's left the rest of the week. I am afraid I can't lose eating this much.
  • I spent about 5 hours working in the garden today. I doubled the size of the new butterfly garden, put down top soil and mulch, and planted a redbud tree and a red yucca. I'll put in other plants during the week. I forgot that I promised to send a list of the plants I've put in. I'll get to it

I have a niece and a nephew here in Denton, and this weekend 2 more are coming to town, one with his 10 yo daughter. So, I'll be visiting with family a lot this week. I'm looking forward to it, of course.
  • Rhonda, enjoy your family visit. Your butterfly garden must be glorious. Your hard work is paying off.

I'm cooking a pot of beans/ham for Curtis. I'll make a pan of cornbread for him, too. My plan for me is to eat a WW TV dinner. I need to work on discipline today after yesterday's junkfeast. Life goes on.
  • Good Morning Chicks! It's a beautiful day here in Chicagoland. I haven't exercised yet but that is on my list with laundry.

Brodie and the computer actually got the same reports. We don't know what is wrong, we'll just have to wait and see. Ugh. I like answers best.

Sandra, maybe the high day low day will help you. I peeked at the scale and I'm up 1.6. There is no way and I know better than to be on the scale during the week. And, besides, it doesn't matter. I'm/we are working the program and sooner or later the body will let loose. I'm so fat, I have no choice but to just stay with it. I have a question for you about the pop chips. I can only find the ranch. I found the one ounce bags on Amazon....4 flavor variety or just a single flavor. I've tried the ranch and know they are ok. I know you liked the salsa. Have you tried the chili lime and the nacho cheese yet. I'm using them for lunches with the hummus because I don't like lunch. If I can't have a sandwich with cheese and mayo, then why bother?! We loved the Tudors too. Jim and I are watching West Wing again. We loved it when it came out and are loving it again the second time through. We got it from our library. We do this often when there is nothing on but reruns.

Thanks for the kudos, Pam. Congratulations to you too for losing even more. Hope Monday is at least some kind of a loss for me since that's what helps keep me going. Bummer on the chair. I know it must be killing you to not work on it. I'm so upset about Brodie but I've done all I can and now I just have to help him enjoy life.

Rhonda, hope your bloodwork results are great. I'll have to go again in August. I hope my diet change and exercise will improve my cholesterol. Thanks for talking about Turkey and Dressing. It made me eat my Marie Callender's turkey and dressing tonight. It was very good. I'll be making fresh turkey thighs in about a week. Should leave lots of leftovers for the week. Sorry your foot is acting up. Mine is a bit too but I have to keep exercising so I'm trying to baby it when I'm not walking. I hope to go get some new treadmill shoes next Tuesday. Your garden must be stunning. Can't wait to see pictures. Maybe you could post some on FB.

Sloan, I hope your bloodwork turns out great also! I didn't know about sugar and blood pressure. I like sugar a lot but can live without sweets. Now carbs are another thing! So no salt, no fat, no sugar. That leaves cardboard. Congratulations on your NSV at the restaurant. That's not easy to do. I'm not willing to give up restaurants so I have to find some way to make it work as well.

Nancy, the stress of selling a house is significant. I hope something works out soon.

We also went to see Star Trek on Wednesday. It was a terrific movie. I'm hoping to see Superman next week. I missed 42 and Safe Haven, but I see Safe Haven is already in Redbox. Do you all have Redbox?

Gotta run! Promised myself I would walk on the treadmill earlier today.
  • Hey chicks! I have had a fun day working on concrete projects for the yard with my sister. We made leaf shaped bird baths and concrete orbs for the flower garden. Hoping to get cucumbers planted this weekend and also spend some time in flowerbeds.

Vickie, hang in there and stay off that scale!!

Rhonda, I would love to see the butterfly garden!

Sandra, ham, beans and cornbread sounds good to me! Can't you count points for them?

Hey to the rest of you chickies

Have a great day, y'all!
  • Sloan, you and the other Chicks are all so creative. I'd love to see pictures of your garden too and all the beautiful concrete pieces. I feel like a slug compared to the talent the rest of you have. If we owned a business, I'd definitely be the HR and numbers/planner girl. All I'd want to make would be cement Scotties!

I don't want to say that I get anal when on program but.....tomorrow's grocery list is all ready for Jim to shop; my entire day of food is planned, and I've entered the recipes into recipe builder. Even makes ME roll my eyes at myself. I deserve another big loss on Monday, but not sure it's gonna happen.

Off to watch the Blackhawks. If we can win tonight we go to the Stanley Cup!!!!
  • Vickie, I haven't tried the nacho ones, but I am 99% positive I'd like them. Also, have you found the veggie straws? I've had the cinnamon apple and also the ranch flavored ones. You get 38 for 3 pts. You're right. We need to just stick with program. Today was easier for me. For some reason I still have 7 daily pts left today. Maybe I'm getting high/low days.

Sloan, I could have and have in the past eaten the beans/ham/cornbread. Today I wanted to just have a WW TV dinner. Am I sick or just crazy?

Go Blackhawks!

Sloan, your birdbaths sound very cute. Photos?

I'm off here now to play Sudoku. Well, I might watch Martin Luther on Netflix. Tomorrow my gf is coming out to visit and fling arrows. She's moving later this summer. I'm going to miss her.
  • Oh boy have I over eaten today !!!!

Need to focus !!

I enjoyed everyone's posts, more later !!!
  • family, family, family....