My weight loss has become everyone's business

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • Love, love, love, the pink shirt. You totally pull it off. Good for you.
  • Quote: Oooh, you should definitely wear it! I personally think that men in pink, are hot!
    That is exactly what I was about to post! (I think men in tuxes are hot, too, but that might be too formal for your dinner outing.)
  • Quote: What is this "toilet roll theory?"
    When you have a new roll, its circumference is large, so it takes a while for it to start shrinking. Once it gets going though, the circumference is smaller so it disappears faster and faster. It's the same with people. When you lose weight you lose a little bit from all over your body. If you start out very large, you lose a little bit from a large total area, so it's not as noticeable as when you start getting smaller and losing the same amount from a smaller total area.
  • Oh and, I love the shirt Ian!
  • Woah, Ian--you do look hot in pink! And you look GREAT--your hard work is really obvious!
  • *Blush*

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and confidence boost.

It is going to be a big day! You've made sure of that!
  • Waiting for the pix (from the men's room)...getting impatient over here...tap...tap
  • Sum, it's posted at 9:01am on page 3. He looks great!
  • Nice! Love the shine on your shoes.
  • Ah, how did I miss it??!! Thanks Elvis. Ian...sizzling HOT. And I love the pose; a man with confidence! Wow, wow and wow!
  • I missed this whole thread yesterday, but got to say Ian, you look good in the pink shirt and the diet is obviously working. Way to go.

On the comments side. If I get a nosy question, I just answer it with a question. How much have you lost? Why would you ask that? What made you want to lose? Why would you ask that? How did you do this? How do you think I did this? The only people who get something other than the glacier treatment are those who very sincerely compliment me, ask for suggestions, and obviously are in pain (emotionally and physically probably) with their own weight issues.

You are an inspiration! And a hottie to boot -- just thinking that you may not consider a 63 year old telling you you're a hottie as a good thing, but it's meant with love and good humor.
  • Looking good, Ian. Nix that.... Looking fantastic! Congrats on your success!

Since you are so close to your goal, when you get there have you have a plan for maintaining (since you're losing at a fairly big rate now)?
  • Quote: Waiting for the pix (from the men's room)...getting impatient over here...tap...tap
    LOL Sum. You post -- if read out of context -- is reminiscent of the Senator Larry Craig scandal. Tap tap!
  • Wowzers Ian!! You are totally kick @ss!! You are rocking that pink shirt too Those are some crazy shiny shoes there too lol!

Keep doing what you are doing man!

P.S. Love the bottom bit of your sig!!!
  • Looking fit!