Intestinal obstruction after gastric bypass

• due to tangled intestines.. Did anyone experienced this? How does the pain feel?
  • have you talked to the surgeon about this? what's going on? tangled intestines can be very dangerous and nothing to mess around with.
  • Yes I have called them yesterday..they said I should come in for a check...just couldnt face that at the moment..so I decided not to. Am not feeling that well last couple of days...phisicaly and mentally.. The pain stopped today so I guess it either fixed itself or wasn't that bad yet. Im off to bed to sleep this over...maybe I'll wake up in the better mood of course if I'll experience more pain I will go in.
  • It could be a lot of things - from gas to blockage to stress to a bug [honest!]. In general, if you're passing gas and pooping - even just a little - it's unlikely that your intestines are tangled and blocked. But please PLEASE keep an eye on it and don't be a hero...
  • If you, or your surgeon, suspect a blockage, get thee to a doctor ASAP. It is not something to ignore or hope goes away.
  • sleepy - how are you feeling? just a reminder that today is FRIDAY, which means that your surgeon might not be available over the weekend, and you'll have to deal with the ER if something really bad happens.
  • Thank you both! Im feeling better..the pain is gone..but I'll still keep an eye on it if it returns. I do think if the blockage occurs the pain is much stronger right?
  • yes - it is. chances are you'd be nearly unable to walk. but still, don't fool around with this!
  • are you constipated??? I know I still have a heck of a time with that! Combo of high protein diet, not as much water and food as I was before..."things" will just stop and it can be quite painful! Maybe you could ask your surgeon about getting things moving?

Hope you are feeling better and better...
  • Im not sure what it was...maybe just gas hehe...though I didn't feel it at all..my surgeon explained that sometimes air (gas) just goes the wrong way and it results in severe pain.. So maybe it was just that..