Adios to the 140's and 150's-7

You're on Page 23 of 31
Go to
  • 152 this morning
  • 141 I swear all I want for Xmas is to see 139 or lower consistently it's funny though because I Remenber feeling like I would never get out of the 160's then it was the 50's and now the only reason I'm stuck on the 140's I's u can't go to the gym due to fractured parts of back.once I can hit the gym the next 20 lbs should fall off
  • New here
    Hi ladies, I am always in need to motivation and I love reading all of your weight loss success stories. Glad to know there are tons of others in the same boat.

I started at 161.5 and I lost 8.5lbs in 1 month with HIIT & Resistance Training, Weights down to 153. I have a trainer so I am pretty good with what happens in the gym (4-6 times a week). The hardest part is dinner for me. I am 26 so I go out a lot and find it hard to make healthy choices much less limit my alcohol consumption to 1-2 drinks a week.

I weighed in at 154 this week after a rollercoaster of being at 153 to 156. I am itching to get out of the 150s! I vowed to be at 145-147 by the end of the year but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. At this point I will be happy at 149 by the end of December.

I can't believe I let myself go like this. I used to be in pretty good shape (more fit than most of my friends) but I went through a quarter life crisis and needed a change of scenary so I've travelled to 5 countries in this year alone and did not care about what I ate! Now that I'm done with the whole Eat, Pray, Love crisis I am ready to focus on my health!

Is anyone else in the same boat? I just can't seem to get lower than 153lbs!! I feel frustrated & demotivated.
  • Pisces88- I am in the same boat as you, except I'm envious that you're already in the lower 150s. Our stats are really similar! I am starting at 161.4 and lost 2 lbs last week, but I'm sure that I have gained that 2 lbs back. I feel like since I've been 18 my weight has fluctuated from 140-160. I usually mostly hover around 150-155, but now I seem to be hovering 160s and I don't like it at all!! I used to be able to eat whatever I wanted and not gain much weight, but I feel like now, at 26 years old, I'm seeing the effects of what I eat more and more I am planning on trying to watch what I eat as best as I can, knowing that it's the holidays though I'm sure I still won't be eating very well at all. Starting Jan 1st though I plan on really really buckling down.
  • Well ladies, it's been a few months and I ran a half marathon, got a boyfriend and gained ~9 lbs, and turned 26. I'm back at it in a few minutes and off to the gym. I'm sitting at about 154, with my lowest in August about 145.

My boyfriend and I joined a gym together to keep each other accountable, gone are my days at the women's only gym. I'm thinking having men around might motivate me to kick some ***! (Shallow, but true)

So here's to sending the 150s and 140's packing!
  • I'm at 140.4 hopefully this will be my last post in this thread
  • Holding at 152 this morning. skittlesfirehawk - hope you hit the 130s soon!
  • @ Samantha Daisy - Oh wow, our stats ARE very similiar. You'll get there, I found the 155-160 the biggest struggle ever! I was at 152.4 this morning, the lowest I have ever been so don't worry it's just slower at this point.

Not sure if this is terrible advice but I noticed that I was eating an avocado a day which is good fat but it's still fat! I was stagnant for a while and yesterday I cut out avocados and I dramatically lost the 2lbs. My trainer says it's hard when you're in the last 10 - 15 lbs because your body is struggling for survival and hanging onto every pound so even a small change now with getting rid of avocados can make a drastic change. Obviously it's good for you and I should be incorporating it in my diet eventually but right now I am trying to go hard! I want to be in my 140s by December 31st.

It's sooo hard with the holidays coming up but I say no to most parties now. It sucks but I figure out of sight out of mind. Better to suck it up now!
  • Pisces88, I hear ya on the last 10-15 lbs. I had to take a break and maintain so I wouldn't gain.

I've tried switching my meals up in terms of proportions of carbs and proteins. I tend to lose more weight when I up my protein and decrease the snacky and non-nutritionally dense carbs. Maybe try examining those ratios to get int othe 140's by the end of Dec.?
  • Pisces- congrats on seeing your lowest weight yet! That's so exciting! I hope the cutting out avocado continues to work for you.

Caity- you're similar stats as us too! Good job with joining the gym, I need to get my booty back in there!

Well, I've been majorly binging lately, ughhhhhh. I have it in my head that I'm not "officially" starting my weight loss journey until the new year, so therefore, my mind just thinks I should eat anything and everything I want now. I wish I wouldn't think like that because I don't want to gain 5-10 more pounds by the new year. I just like food way too much I think. Any tips on getting in a healthier mindset?
  • 149! EEEEEEEEEEE! NEVER want to see the 150's again.
  • Samantha- I completely understand that mentality!! I've joined the gym and am working towards not gaining but man does my motivation suck! I go through periods where I'm not very conscious of my eating so I almost hoard food. It becomes a free for all to stock up when I start dieting like I'll never eat that food ever again! To stop this happening, I try and go on pinterest and motivate myself or even read through some of the other threads on here.

Or if i know I'll want ice cream, buy a small tub of the light stuff and then if I eat it all at least it wants a huge one of the regular fat ice cream. It is so hard to get out of a mindset. You can do it!!

Maybe
  • @Caity & Samantha - Thanks girls! I was at exactly 151 this morning. So I definitely think I can make it to 145-147 by the end of this year (my original goal).

As for the motivation aspect & a healther mindset, everytime I notice I am losing it or my trainer's boss (who is a douchebag) calls me pudgy or says I should be in the 139s and I am really getting frustrated I watch those TLC - "I Used to Weigh 500lbs" shows or there's a show on MTV called "I Used to Be Fat". I am probably weird but I find those very motivating! If they can lose that much weight then so can we!

This blog definitely helps, and if you have Twitter or Instagram - sign up / follow any Fitness related people. They post awesome pictures and quotes that serve as a reminder to just get it done. I also have "Motivate Me" app on my Android. It provides me with quotes and motivational pictures. At your weak moments you'd be surprised as to how much they help.

I will definitely take a look at my protein / carb ratio - I am basically eating very low carbs which I will slowly start introducing when I reach closer to my goal weight. I also do cheat but very minimal. For example if I want a piece of chocolate I will have 1-3 M&Ms and make sure I get an extra 5-10 mins of running on the treadmill. It makes you feel less like you're on a diet when you can feel free to eat what you love just in smaller portions.

I am scared for the end of the month - so many dinners and X-Mas parties, I am bound to gain weight. I will probably fake being sick and stay in! LOL
  • @Lilbert Goodjob!!! I am jealous! Next stop 145!! Then you'll be leaving this group!
  • Way to go Lilbert! Keep it up!

Caity and Pisces- I like both your ideas of using Pinterest and Instagram for fitness and healthy motivation! I've definitely pinned a bunch of good-looking healthy recipes, I just need to start using them! I haven't ever used Instagram so I decided to create an account and I'm following a bunch of fitness/health related instagrammers. Hopefully that will really get me motivated! This time of year is definitely challenging with all the parties and sweet treats. But if all else fails I am really gearing up for Jan 1st to really buckle down!

I feel like a phony being in this thread now because I'm pretty positive I gained weight this last week and am easily in the 160s now I just don't even want to step on the scale! Hopefully you ladies are kicking butt!