What do you eat for breakfast?

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Every morning I cook 1/2 cup of oatmeal in 1 cup of vanilla soy milk. Then I add a cut-up banana and some sort of berries (at the moment it's raspberries). I can't start my day without it!
  • Quote: Every morning I cook 1/2 cup of oatmeal in 1 cup of vanilla soy milk. Then I add a cut-up banana and some sort of berries (at the moment it's raspberries). I can't start my day without it!
    Same. with a cup of coffee mmmmmmmmmm best breakfast ever. It feels like it should be a cheat meal too.

Also, Ive been eating healthy for almost 3 years now and Im sick of special K, despite its deliciousness. I tried Fibre 1 brown sugar shredded wheats and looovee it. So that too if Im in a rush.
  • I alternate, with my most common ones being

- 1 pack of oat fit cinnamon roll oatmeal with extra cinnamon
    - 1 large banana
    - 1 egg + 2 egg whites
    - 2 egg whites + 2 slices of turkey bacon
    - Fruit smoothie
  • I grew up never eating bfast, but I've been eating it pretty consistently the past 3 years.
    If I'm really tired I have no appetite, so just eat a hard boiled egg.

The rest of the time, I can eat anything. I often eat foods that aren't traditional breakfast foods. For example, today I made a big salad that had Mexican flavors: a small organic chicken thigh that was marinated in hot sauce, cumin, & cilantro (coriander), some homemade black bean & corn salsa, tomato, and a big pile of lettuce. For the dressing, I mixed a tablespoon of ranch with hot sauce.

I like to always eat a protein and pair it with some complex carbs.

I can't do sugar in the morning. It makes me hungrier the rest of the day. If I have something high in sugar, I have to pair it with protein and fat.

Cereals don't satiate me, so, if I eat them, I only have them at nighg for dessert.

I can do oatmeal so long as I combine it with protein/fat, so I'll throw in some peanut butter and milk.

I eat eggs in various forms a lot too, especially egg sandwiches of all sorts. I recently put a fried egg on a whole grain waffle, some diced up sausage, and a tiny drizzle of honey.

And of course, good ol greek yogurt with nuts. I eat that often.
  • I like a variation, so I switch around between a few things

egg-white omlettes (my favorite is muschrooms, spinach, tomatoes, and a little cheese - YUM!)

non-fat Greek yogurt

Cereal - usually Kashi or Special K

fruit with peanut butter

And sometimes I'll have a piece of whole-wheat toast with any of these if I am still feeling hungry
  • Hello UK Chicks! I'm in the US, but wanted to share my new awesome breakfast with you, just in case anyone was looking for some new ideas

Overnight Oats:

1/2 cup Quaker Oats
    1 scoop protein powder (I like gold standard)
    1/2 cup of milk plus a little water
    Cinnamon (optional)
    Vanilla extract (optional)

Mix everything together in a bowl and refrigerate overnight. In the morning you have delicious, chilled oatmeal with a protein boost. I usually add a tablespoon of chia seeds in the morning for some extra fiber. This is filling, tasty, and well balanced
  • I have steel cut oats with walnuts and blueberries or strawberries.
  • Shake: 1 cup of baby spinach, 1 cup of fruit (usually strawberries), 1/2 cup of chickpeas, and 1 cup of vanilla unsweetened almond milk.
  • I eat a peanut slimfast bar every morning. I was never a breakfast person - I find it convenient and I actually really love the bar!! I know I should eat fresh food - but all my snacks are fruit and I load tonnes of veggies into dinner.
  • A collard green leaf with some coconut oil and natural peanut butter spread onto it and 1 banana smushed into it. Wrap it all up!
  • I usually eat cereals that contain fiber and protein, such as Kashi GoLean (or Aldi version, GetBalanced) and almond milk.

Sometimes I eat low-calorie bread with peanut butter and sugar free jelly.

I also enjoy Wasa crisps with laughing cow cheese spreads.
  • I eat breakfast at my desk at about 9.30 am (4 hours after I get up). If I ate any earlier I'd be ravenous by mid morning. I like to get in a good slug of fibre for the minimum amount of calories possible, since I like to save most of my calories for dinnertime (and my 'budget' is only 1025 calories per day). This way I normally have about 700 calories for dinner by the time I've had breakfast and lunch.

I alternate between -

1) 40 grams of Weetabix Crunchy Bran (140 calories, 8g of fibre) which I eat dry out of a tupperware tub, washed down with a litre of water and a large mug of Tea Pig Licorice and Mint tea (no milk or sugar so just 1 calorie per mug). Total breakfast 141 calories, 8g of fibre.

2) 50g of frozen raspberries (52 calories, 5g of fibre) which I then eat thawed with 15g of Mornflake Oatbran (55 calories, 3g of fibre) and 15g of Total 0% greek yogurt (9 calories) - washed down with a litre of water and a large mug of Licorice and Mint tea (1 cal): total breakfast 116 calories, 8g of fibre.

Either of these options keep me full until lunchtime.
  • Depends on how I feel. Although, I love eating fried egg, sausage, and a toast for breakfast. When on a diet I usually have oats or fruits.
  • Almond butter with toast
    Oatmeal
    Eggs
    Greek Yogurt
    Omelet
  • Always a cup of tea with almond milk, then either scrambled eggs on wholemeal toast, fruit mixed with yogurt or porridge. I'm a creature of habit!