How much was your orientation fee?

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Mine was $400 initial fee for the consult, 2 weeks of food, one bottle each of the supplements, salt, shaker. $84/week for food. But, I did cut back on my grocery bill for sure!
  • Quote: Thanks

...best advice...it's NEVER done...EVER...for anyone. The mental muscles you flex in Phase 1 is the same muscle you'll flex in maintenance.
    truly sage advice. I think this is what I never really got when I was younger. I get it now...I get it.
  • Mine was $300 plus the cost of food & supplements but it included the blood work and consult with the doctor. I see the nurse weekly and can consult with the doctor if needed and he reviews my progress on a regular basis. I felt it was well worth the price.
  • I paid around $260-$280 to join, but that included a 28 packets, a shaker bottle, salt, and all my supplements. I pay $84/week on the 21 packets needed for Phase 1. I've only been on IP for about 4 weeks, but I plan to switch to alternatives in a couple months because I am moving to another state and don't want to pay the fee to join again.
  • Wow, it's really incredible to see how much the initial fee varies!

I went last night and it was $280, which included the initial consult fee, all of my supplements, 28 packets and a shaker bottle. Today is day 1 and I'm feeling it already!
  • $200 initial visit included 1 week food + 7 additional UR packs, 1 bottle each supplement (3 in total) shaker, & salt. After that it's 100/2k for IP food and then in phase 2 will be 70/week and phase 3 will be 40/week.
  • Quote: I paid around $260-$280 to join, but that included a 28 packets, a shaker bottle, salt, and all my supplements. I pay $84/week on the 21 packets needed for Phase 1. I've only been on IP for about 4 weeks, but I plan to switch to alternatives in a couple months because I am moving to another state and don't want to pay the fee to join again.

You shouldn't have to pay to join again. Get a transfer letter??
  • I didn't have another fee to join again. You shouldn't have to pay that again! I had to pay for my vitamins up front this time but since I already have the bag, shaker and had purchased a large bag of the salt from the health food store I didn't need any of that stuff and it was $195 for the vitamins and a week of food.
  • No "start fee"..
    I was given orientation and the basic stuff...vitamins, bag, shaker and small container of Real Salt ...plus 2 weeks of food for $200. The way I saw it the food was worth that much...(!!) ...never mind the vitamins and the other supplies. I actually did all of that and paid for the 2 weeks of food packets the week after Thanksgiving...but was then away until Jan 9th..

Went for official start weigh in on Jan 10th when I got back from my travels, and started that day.
  • Quote: You shouldn't have to pay to join again. Get a transfer letter??
    It's actually completely dependent on the clinic that you are wanting to switch to, because Ideal Protein clinics are not chains, they are independently owned franchises. Now, a clinic might waive a joining fee because it's just plain good customer service, but clinics are not tied together financially so any time you pay a joining fee it only goes to that clinic. It never hurts to ask!
  • $595 with a $100 discount if I signed up on the day of the intro. So, $495 but that includes 9 days of meals and all supplements. Still feels a bit high but it could be where I live.
  • Mine was $375. That included 2 weeks of food, multi-vit, cal/mag, potassium, shaker and salt. Weekly cost is $70 for food.
  • I paid $229 for initial consult, one week of packets plus 7 extra (28 packets), vitamins, cal/mag, potassium, large shaker sea salt, shaker and tote bag. I will pay $90 week for 21 packets in phase 1 (we get to order individual packets) and no extra charge if we choose RTDs. No extra charges for weekly counseling. I had 3 possible choices in my area. The most expensive wanted to charge $400 for the same start up package. It is worth it to shop around but my decision was not based solely on price - although I was happy to get what I feel is a fair price. I felt the setting I chose was very professional (chiropractor) and they offer massage, which I plan to take advantage of as a "reward" every 10 lbs !
  • Mine was $150 which included the first week food and supplements. Then I pay $85 a week for food
  • a bit expensive..
    365$ in Ottawa, Canada at the Merivale Chiropractic Office